MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Read! :) Lana02 Anime & Comic Books 25 02-04-2012 05:37 PM
Where can i read my prayers? zareen.s24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 08-31-2011 08:53 PM
I don't know how to read my timetable? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-11-2009 10:48 PM
read course details lbqjenny Academics 7 06-10-2009 04:51 PM
Everyone should read this. lorend General Discussion 10 04-17-2009 11:57 AM

ENGINEERING: Reinstatement ! Plz Read !

Old 07-09-2012 at 11:31 AM   #1
engman123

Liked: 2 Times

ENGINEERING: Reinstatement ! Plz Read !

Hey guys,
Let me get straight to the point; I had done my engineering 1 year 2011-2012,, and due to several reasons i messed up really bad. Firstly me being an international student. My CA wasn't even sufficient to do summer school (although i did it anyway). I have already submitted my reinstatement letter to get back into the faculty of engineering and repeat my year ! as i am still a little new to the system i have a few questions:

1) what is the likelihood that I'll be reinstated Back into the Engineering faculty ?

2) do i have to wait for a 1 year period before repeating ?
(Ive been reading all these posts about having to wait a 12 month term before repeating the year/ before submitting a reinstatement letter).

3) how long would it take for me to know my reinstatement status ?
(would i receive an email or do i check my grade report)

4) I just want to consider the worst scenario: Just in case i do not get reinstated, what options will i be left with to still pursue engineering ?

I'm pretty stressed out about this whole reinstatement thing ! Being international is pretty tough,, i hope to get some feedback soon ! and i hope you guys could answer my questions !

Cheers !

Last edited by engman123 : 07-09-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: changed title only
Old 07-09-2012 at 12:42 PM   #2
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

1) 3 factors affect your likelihood:
  1. How bad your situation was?
  2. How well your letter was written?
  3. Were you able to take summer school term 1 and ace an engineering related course (above a 9 will impress administration)
2) Waiting a year is only necessary if your reinstatement was rejected. And to be specific, you are not JUST WAITING. This is the perfect time to do something productive, best bet would be going to college or doing some kind of school where by April, you have marks that you can proudly show McMaster so that you can reinstate successfully.

3) Depending on when you handed in your reinstatement, related to when your get a reply. When I applied, I handed in my letter second week of June and got a reply back by the middle of July. However, these times are up to the Faculty.

4) Well, Engineering specifically, you can always apply into Ryerson Continuing Education for a year and then transfer into the Engineering program the following year. Or, you could do college program (preferably in Engineering Technology) where you knowledge will not disappear during the year you are out of McMaster.

Don't stress, just stay positive and everything will work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engman123 View Post

Hey guys,
Let me get straight to the point; I had done my engineering 1 year 2011-2012,, and due to several reasons i messed up really bad. Firstly me being an international student. My CA wasn't even sufficient to do summer school (although i did it anyway). I have already submitted my reinstatement letter to get back into the faculty of engineering and repeat my year ! as i am still a little new to the system i have a few questions:

1) what is the likelihood that I'll be reinstated Back into the Engineering faculty ?

2) do i have to wait for a 1 year period before repeating ?
(Ive been reading all these posts about having to wait a 12 month term before repeating the year/ before submitting a reinstatement letter).

3) how long would it take for me to know my reinstatement status ?
(would i receive an email or do i check my grade report)

4) I just want to consider the worst scenario: Just in case i do not get reinstated, what options will i be left with to still pursue engineering ?

I'm pretty stressed out about this whole reinstatement thing ! Being international is pretty tough,, i hope to get some feedback soon ! and i hope you guys could answer my questions !

Cheers !

engman123 says thanks to mc_kumar for this post.

engman123 likes this.
Old 07-15-2012 at 02:09 PM   #3
engman123

Liked: 2 Times

Thanks a Lot for the Information man !
All my questions have been answered !
I feel a lot better now !
Cheers Kumar !!!

engfreak likes this.