MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer Student from RYE with a couple questions khanus2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-28-2012 02:15 PM
Transfer to Engineering I [HS student, bad situation, please help!] EngHopeful Academics 20 05-11-2012 01:25 AM
Transfer student questions jntyrhds Academics 4 08-09-2011 04:13 PM
Ualberta student wanting to transfer to McMaster Engineering Oilers Academics 1 11-09-2008 02:22 PM

Engineering Transfer Student Questions

Old 07-21-2014 at 07:17 PM   #1
asdf999

Liked: 0 Times

Engineering Transfer Student Questions
Hey so I am a transfer student that recently transferred to McMaster from another university. I wanted to get answers to a few questions if possible. I am a 2nd year student technically, going into chemical engineering.

1. Firstly, after receiving all my transfer credits, I still need to take 4 1st year courses. If I finish those courses in the fall semester, can I take the second year engineering courses in the winter semester?

2. If I am not able to take them in the winter semester, is it possible to take them in the summer?

Any further advice would also be appreciated
Old 07-21-2014 at 10:05 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

First, make sure the courses that you want to take are actually offered in first term.
Second, you should probably speak with an academic advisor from engineering. They know best what can be done for your specific situation.

asdf999 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 07-22-2014 at 12:11 PM   #3
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

There is a solid chance that second year winter term classes have courses from first term as prerequisites. So it is completely in your best interest to schedule a meeting with the academic advisor to see if anything can be done for you.
Old 07-22-2014 at 05:52 PM   #4
mythbuster06

Liked: 1 Time

Unfortunately many engineering courses are not offered in the summer. :(

Academic advisors are definitely your best bet here. Best of luck!