MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
English 1A03 v.s. 1AA3 oxelhs Academics 12 06-10-2011 10:30 PM
TRADE English 3F03 for English 1AA3 pink_cupcake Academics 1 01-06-2011 11:51 AM
ENGLISH 1A03/1AA3 during summer? macsci Academics 5 12-29-2009 04:10 PM

English 1AA3

Old 07-13-2011 at 09:46 AM   #1
mel369

Liked: 1 Time

English 1AA3
I'm taking English longer genres 1AA3 and i was wondering if we get a list of the books we will be reading ahead of time.
Old 07-13-2011 at 09:51 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Yes, you do. You'll see the books you're going to read when the Titles book list comes out, but the order will be available when your professor posts the information, either in class or on Avenue.

I really loved this course and if you have a good prof who likes explaining the historical context to some older works (think Wuthering Heights), it's really fun.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

mel369 says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 07-13-2011 at 09:56 AM   #3
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

currently the list of materials isn't out yet
but once it becomes available you will be able to find it here:
http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/c...urs ematerial

mel369 says thanks to x_hikari for this post.
Old 07-13-2011 at 10:36 AM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

The list doesn't come out till mid-August, so I suggest you wait at least till then .
Old 07-14-2011 at 01:59 PM   #5
DarthFuzzy

Liked: 7 Times

I took this course last year with professor Atwell I believe, we read Jane Eyre, Wide Sargasso Sea, Haunting of Hill House, Ceremony, and some poetry book. It was very much centered around feminism and colonialism as well as other themes. Hoped that helped
Old 07-14-2011 at 02:11 PM   #6
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

One more thing: this class is AWESOME.

DarthFuzzy likes this.
Old 07-14-2011 at 07:23 PM   #7
mel369

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFuzzy View Post
I took this course last year with professor Atwell I believe, we read Jane Eyre, Wide Sargasso Sea, Haunting of Hill House, Ceremony, and some poetry book. It was very much centered around feminism and colonialism as well as other themes. Hoped that helped
Thanks What kinds of projects did you do? Does this course have a huge work load?
Old 07-20-2011 at 01:13 PM   #8
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel369 View Post
Thanks What kinds of projects did you do? Does this course have a huge work load?
I took this class last year too and you pretty much write 2 essays: a 3-page and a 6-page essays that counts towards your final mark. I also did a tutorial presentation where you are given a quote from one of the novels and you present the meaning of it at your tutorial. There are no midterm exam, just a final exam. In terms of work load, it's not heavy but you just have to keep up with the reading. I found it the hard way when I took the class.

mel369 says thanks to akikokoyoki for this post.