MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Entrance Scholarship and PA AlyK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-01-2014 06:39 AM
entrance scholarship eebs95 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-20-2013 05:47 PM
When will I get my entrance scholarship? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-26-2012 03:56 PM
Entrance Scholarship Question holagurrl Financial Aid 54 07-30-2009 12:37 AM
entrance scholarship pinkpony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-09-2008 02:50 PM

Entrance Scholarship Question

Old 08-04-2014 at 12:25 PM   #1
Rachael_w

Liked: 0 Times

Entrance Scholarship Question
From what I know, most people have already received their scholarship by now. However, my scholarship status on MUGSI is still showing "No award information found". From my high school transcript record, I'm 100% sure my averages are above the scholarship requirement line. Should I wait for another week, or should I contact the Financial Aid office ASAP?
Old 08-04-2014 at 01:22 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I would wait a bit more but if it doesn't show up after a week or so, contact the SFAS. Although I have a feeling it will probably show up closer to the first week of school but I'm not sure...
Old 08-04-2014 at 04:33 PM   #3
kevin2016

I think that they put that on MUGSI under the "Scholarships and Awards" thing. To access that, log onto MUGSI, click where it says "My MUGSI", than that opens up another window. Than on the left hand side, you will see in blue text, all the different options, such as Work Program Application Forms, etc. It will be in that list, click on the one that says "Scholarships and Awards", and than it should identify on there, the entrance scholarship that you got (or are supposed to get being you are in first year). I honestly cannot remember, I started here two years ago myself at McMaster, and I just remember that they sent me the document in the mail that said I received the $750 entrance scholarship and that it identified it on MUGSI under where I've directed you to go to see that. Otherwise, if you do not see it, I would agree with the other person who replied to your post, that to wait until school starts, because your in first year and probably have just recently activated MUGSI so the school has not yet gotten your entrance scholarship processed onto MUGSI. If not though, yes I would definitely contact the Student Accounts and Cashiers or the Student Financial Aids and Scholarships office. Either one could assist you with that I would think.

Good luck with it, and no problem at all, if you have any more questions, feel free, I was that guy two years ago, not really sure what was going on with McMaster and all, so no worries at all, Hopefully it goes well for you, your first year, I wish the best of luck to you.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Old 08-04-2014 at 08:07 PM   #4
Rachael_w

Thank you so much, both of you! It really helped a lot! I just had a feeling that I might not receive it in the end, so I was a little worried, but not anymore! Your responses are truly appreciated!