Biology 3B03 Theepika Academics 6 01-03-2010 08:06 PM
Psych 3B03 dacrown4life Academics 0 10-08-2009 11:47 PM

ENV SCI/GEOG 3B03 HELP, if youve taken this

Old 11-09-2010 at 02:56 PM   #1
sycoman

Liked: 9 Times

ENV SCI/GEOG 3B03 HELP, if youve taken this
Hey guys,

Can some one who has taken this course let me know how it is? Im trying to decide if i should take this after dropping a hard course this semester. How is the prof (Mike waddington), are the tests MCQ's? is it 12able? Workload?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2010 at 08:03 PM   #2
sf

Liked: 36 Times

This is a new course so this stuf really isn't known. This course was previously Earth Sc 3J03 so you can try looking up reviews for that. As far as the prof goes I really like his, in fact I am planning on doing my thesis with him next year. That being said he is in no way an easy prof and if you are going to get a 12 you will have to work for it. I have heard horror stories about a project, but since this class was re-structred I am not sure if the work will be the same.
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:58 PM   #3
Clematis

Liked: Liked 5 Times

I have had a few classes with Dr. Waddington and his lectures are really interactive. He really trys to get the class involved by asking questions and looking for different ways to solve a problem.

His tests are usually all short answer (sometimes he gives you a choice ex. pick 5 out of the 7 questions..) and he will typically focus on things he really spent time on in lecture. His tests are pretty hard to do well on though, because of the way he asked the questions or what specific answers he is looking for I found at least. For us there were two tests worth 20 and 30, the project, and the final exam. Recently he has been adding in a participation component for some of his classes, so he may have changed this class too.

For this class there was a course project where you had to compute a climate change model for a region of the world. It was really excel intense and took a while to even understand what was required of you, since he made it a pretty open ended assignment and didnt guide you too much.

His classes are usually night classes or in four hour segments during the day (like his 4B03 class)

Your can definitely get a 12, but just be prepared to attend lecture and actively participate.
Old 11-11-2010 at 04:05 PM   #4
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

I'm also considering dropping a course this semester and overloading next semester. how difficult is the workload?