MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
envir sci 1a03 vs 1b03 nadia1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-03-2009 03:05 PM
Envir 1A03 textbook jaucep Academics 1 01-03-2009 12:11 PM
Envir Sc 1a03 demelo_b Academics 0 11-09-2008 07:04 PM

Envir Sci 1a03

Old 04-28-2009 at 10:56 AM   #31
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Envir Sci 1a03
What is the course about?
The movement and balances of water and energy.

Types of Questions:
Why do we have weather?
What is the evidence of climate change?
How do humans impact the atmosphere and hydrosphere?
What do they mean by 'isolated...

Old 01-09-2012 at 04:50 PM   #30
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times
It says that testable material comes from the lectures as well as the assigned reading (i.e the textbook), how much of the stuff in this course is only found in the text?
Old 01-13-2012 at 02:23 PM   #31
Science1234

Liked: 0 Times
I have the same question! In terms of the online quizzes, how do you guys suggest I study for them? Is it all from lecture notes or is the textbook tested as well?
Old 01-16-2012 at 02:52 PM   #32
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times
i think this is the first time they are doing the online quizzes so we will find out soon, by our experience, whether or not the textbook stuff will be on it....i'll be pissed if it is. the textbook is like 130 bucks at titles and it isnt even binded...you have to put the pages in your own binder lol
Old 03-11-2012 at 05:07 PM   #33
Philipp31
Elite Member

This course is horrible. Its extremely boring and the labs are tedious and just a pain in the a**.
Old 03-18-2012 at 07:00 PM   #34
Silver
Elite Member

lol agreed. and all the lab TAs mark so hard. the stuff they expect is to put in the labs aren't even discussed in lecture or in the textbook.
Old 04-12-2012 at 12:19 AM   #35
bumsookim91

Hello

Quick advice to students who are in engineering or commerce. DO NOT take this course. Theres so much to learn and memorize. Some people say this is bird course but not for engineers (especially, you guys will not have enough time to review 27 lectures, 6 labs, and so on - I am coming from engineering so i know how hard the study is ^^). Just useless, take other courses.
Old 04-12-2012 at 07:45 PM   #36
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsookim91 View Post
Hello

Quick advice to students who are in engineering or commerce. DO NOT take this course. Theres so much to learn and memorize. Some people say this is bird course but not for engineers (especially, you guys will not have enough time to review 27 lectures, 6 labs, and so on - I am coming from engineering so i know how hard the study is ^^). Just useless, take other courses.
You're really funny. Don't listen to this person. Professor Bernier explicitly stated which material is going to be on the exam. There were no surprises. He told you to study lectures x,y,z,e,g so that means material from only lectures x,y,z,e and g will be on the exam. He also said study labs 2,3,4 and 5 so that meant only labs 2,3,4 and 5 were on the exam. He also gave out several hints during the course to the people who attended his lectures and most of those hints did show up on the exam. All in all, this course was quite easy regardless of your workload. I didn't pay attention in any of the lectures to the actual material but wrote down his hints. I didn't understand anything happening in this course 4 days prior to the exam. The material which we were tested on was really easy and the labs are extremely easy but don't be stupid like people stated and you won't get docked marks. This course is easily 10-able if not 11-able. If you have any more questions about this course, feel free to PM me.

Philipp31 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

Philipp31 likes this.
Old 04-12-2012 at 09:50 PM   #37
Philipp31
Elite Member

I would like to retract my above comment, I was in a bad mood when I wrote that, though the labs are still tedious I would like to advise people to what Humza (post above) said about this course. I too didnt understand anything about anything weather related up until about a week ago, and the exam went fine (havent got the mark yet, but was pretty straight forward).

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 04-13-2012 at 03:09 PM   #38
Silver
Elite Member

na i still found this course boring even though u get an easy mark.
Old 04-13-2012 at 11:05 PM   #39
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times
It was a boring course, but you get such great walkthroughs for the labs and there were no midterms, which made the workload very light. Biweekly quizzes were a breeze, too. The lecture slides are very simple, but the short answer exam questions were just as simple so even if you had them, subpar study notes weren't a huge issue.
Old 04-14-2012 at 01:26 PM   #40
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
na i still found this course boring even though u get an easy mark.
Who said this course is fun? It'd only be fun if you had a genuine interest in it and didn't only take it to merely fill up an elective space as I did.
Old 08-14-2012 at 12:44 PM   #41
tnadesap

It was a pretty easy course and a good elective to boost your gpa!
Old 01-11-2013 at 03:47 PM   #42
Tharsika

I found this course to be fairly easy and a mark booster!
Old 01-22-2013 at 08:11 PM   #43
sueahmed

If Carey is your prof don't take this class. Man thinks he is doing stand up, instead of teaching.
Old 01-26-2013 at 02:15 PM   #44
karsyliss

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueahmed View Post
If Carey is your prof don't take this class. Man thinks he is doing stand up, instead of teaching.
oh i have this prof for this term... do you know how he is in terms of how is testing style is and what not?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search