MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Envir Sci 1B03 Harlequin 1st Year Course Reviews 11 12-30-2014 10:35 PM
ENVIR SC 1A03 vs 1B03 jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-03-2010 11:17 AM

envir sci 1a03 vs 1b03

Old 07-03-2009 at 01:10 PM   #1
nadia1

Liked: 3 Times

envir sci 1a03 vs 1b03
if one was to choose between envir sci 1a03 and 1b03,
what would you choose, i can guess their workload is about the same ..but which one is more interesting?
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:38 PM   #2
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia1 View Post
if one was to choose between envir sci 1a03 and 1b03,
what would you choose, i can guess their workload is about the same ..but which one is more interesting?
I only took 1A03-the material in this course was very dry and not interesting at all. The workload for the labs was alot, but it wasn't hard at all. The tests and the exam were very easy. There is alot of work but it is easy to do well.
Old 07-03-2009 at 02:05 PM   #3
FJEAN

Liked: 0 Times

I only took 1A03 (Atmosphere & Hydrosphere) as well, and it was an "okay" course. I agree, the content was quite dry...a lot of common sense knowledge, but very interesting indeed. There were weekly quizzes that were due the day of, which stressed a lot of Science students out. Study groups work effectively! Also, the labs were long, a bit difficult, but the TA's were super helpful. The prof (John McLachlan) is so chilled and laid-back. He's funny too. The course requires you to do a lot of work, but it's not challenging at all. Like I said, the stuff you learn is mainly common sense.

Goodluck deciding (:
Old 07-03-2009 at 02:32 PM   #4
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

I found 1B03 to be veeerrrryyy boring.

Here's my review of it.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2205 7
Old 07-03-2009 at 03:05 PM   #5
sf

Liked: 36 Times

1A03 is definitely better than 1B03
1A03 was boring if you werent interested in the subjects but overall it was easy and managable
1B03 was a lot more boring that 1A03 to me...and i mean a lot more boring
i am an environmental science student and basically i hated 1B03 and really didn't want to go to class after a while if that tells you anything
Also, 1B03 midterms were much much harder than the midterm for 1A03 and the labs involved more work...so overall if you have yo choose take 1A03