Enviro 1G03 Shananaghens 1st Year Course Reviews 6 08-09-2016 08:04 PM
Enviro Sc 1A03 summer luna Academics 6 06-20-2011 03:06 AM
Enviro 1G03 and Earth Sci 1G03 danzai Academics 2 08-07-2010 11:31 AM

Enviro Sci 1A03 or 1G03 in the summer?

Old 03-07-2014 at 09:08 PM   #1
gibbonsio

Liked: 0 Times

Enviro Sci 1A03 or 1G03 in the summer?
So I have to take either Enviro Sci 1a03 or 1g03 in the summer in order to qualify for a level II program Just wondering which would be better to take in summer school and which would be best to take next year at mac? Is one more hands-on (field-work)? Is one more challenging or intense than the other?
Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014 at 10:51 AM   #2
jitnikovi

Liked: 13 Times

they are both relatively similiar in terms of difficulty
there is no field work for either, take whichever one bernier is teaching (if he is).
Old 03-08-2014 at 12:51 PM   #3
VitaSoy

Liked: 9 Times

Which level 2 program are you applying for?

1G03 has a half day field trip to Tiffany Falls and 2 other sites I can't remember.
Old 03-08-2014 at 11:04 PM   #4
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

I have taken both. I personally enjoyed 1G03 a lot more and wish I could have rushed through 1A03 and gotten it over with.

1A03 doesn't really have labs, it's just assignments with data they give you. 1G03 has more hands on stuff like basic rock and mineral ID with assignments but less than 1A03. 1G03 has the field trip which is probably nicer over the summer when it's warmer. 1A03 has no trip. Why not take them both over the summer and get them over with if you can?

I'm in third year earth & enviro sci. Feel free to ask any questions if you want!