MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Premier League 10/11 _Luu_ Athletics & Recreation 406 04-30-2011 12:33 AM
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy kevinlater Music 55 12-08-2010 01:30 AM
Fantasy Basketball (yahoo) Sky. General Discussion 6 10-16-2009 08:53 AM
Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Sky. General Discussion 5 09-30-2009 09:32 AM
Les Prince Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League MohitB Les Prince Forum 1 09-06-2008 11:07 PM

EPL Soccer Fantasy League

Old 08-02-2011 at 12:15 AM   #31
DutchRudder

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
I don't think Aguero should have a rough time adapting. Look at Van der Vaart, he fit into Spurs colors so quickly that sometimes you forget he used to play for Real! and Aguero is brilliant in front of goal. I think he's gonna cause some serious damage up front if Mancini can work out the proper chemistry for his team.

That being said, who do you guys think will play upfront with Rooney if Hernandez doesn't recover from his concussion before the start of the season? I'd personally stick with Berbatov but I think Young's pace could cause some serious damage too. Seen him do it for Aston Villa when he played as a forward
Michael Owen
Old 08-02-2011 at 07:20 PM   #32
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
That being said, who do you guys think will play upfront with Rooney if Hernandez doesn't recover from his concussion before the start of the season? I'd personally stick with Berbatov but I think Young's pace could cause some serious damage too. Seen him do it for Aston Villa when he played as a forward
Berba may be on his way out. PSG (now the French version of Man City with Qatari owners) wants his services for £18M. IMO, if I were ManUtd I'd take it.

I'd give Welbeck a chance.

j0sh likes this.
Old 08-02-2011 at 08:42 PM   #33
camais

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
Anyone interested in soccer intramurals? It could be a fantasy league intramural team lol I don't have any soccer playing friends at mac really
i r interested
Old 08-02-2011 at 08:49 PM   #34
I r Babboon
Account Locked

Liked: 37 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
Anyone interested in soccer intramurals? It could be a fantasy league intramural team lol I don't have any soccer playing friends at mac really
I r interested and babboon.

camais likes this.
Old 08-04-2011 at 05:06 PM   #35
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Berba may be on his way out. PSG (now the French version of Man City with Qatari owners) wants his services for £18M. IMO, if I were ManUtd I'd take it.

I'd give Welbeck a chance.
I hope that goes through cause I'd like to see them invest some of that money in getting Sneijder to Old Trafford. He won't replace Scholes but he'd certainly add depth to the midfield
Old 08-04-2011 at 05:10 PM   #36
_Luu_
Elite Member

The season's near. Any predictions?
Old 08-04-2011 at 08:52 PM   #37
Oilenroc

Liked: 3 Times

I'm also interested in soccer intramurals. We could make a team from whoever is interested in playing from here. Since people that do fantasy EPL usually know a lot about soccer and in most cases actually play I think we could build a solid team.

twinsora likes this.
Old 08-04-2011 at 09:05 PM   #38
_Luu_
Elite Member

I'm sure most of you have seen this spectacle already, but in case you people didn't...

j0sh, waldo92 like this.
Old 08-04-2011 at 11:17 PM   #39
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
The season's near. Any predictions?
Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham is my top 4. City to get relegated. Silva/Toure to join Man Utd. Tevez doing everyone a massive favor and retiring. Joe Cole continues playing like Messi and Stevie G dies. I'm not biased, though.

on a serious note, Arsenal play well throughout the campaign and then blow it all away (i always play safe), Utd, City, then Chelsea competing for the title. looking forward to Swansea, apparently they're better than Blackpool. Wigan will finally get relegated and Martinez will get the high level job he deserves, probably City unfortunately :(

j0sh likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 07:09 AM   #40
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo92 View Post
Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham is my top 4. City to get relegated. Silva/Toure to join Man Utd. Tevez doing everyone a massive favor and retiring. Joe Cole continues playing like Messi and Stevie G dies. I'm not biased, though.

on a serious note, Arsenal play well throughout the campaign and then blow it all away (i always play safe), Utd, City, then Chelsea competing for the title. looking forward to Swansea, apparently they're better than Blackpool. Wigan will finally get relegated and Martinez will get the high level job he deserves, probably City unfortunately :(
Arsenal are not gonna end up in the top 4 this season. Did you guys see the Champions League qualifiers draw? Arsenal drew one of the hardest teams - Udinese. If they can't pull their shit together I don't think they'll make it to the Champions League and Wenger will probably be fired mid-way through the season. Still hoping United can sign Sneijder before the transfer window closes

and yeah I would be down for intramurals BUT I want to go back home for the weekends and I hate how intramurals are on Sunday mornings -__-. We'll see though..
Old 08-05-2011 at 03:21 PM   #41
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Arsenal are not gonna end up in the top 4 this season. Did you guys see the Champions League qualifiers draw? Arsenal drew one of the hardest teams - Udinese. If they can't pull their shit together I don't think they'll make it to the Champions League and Wenger will probably be fired mid-way through the season. Still hoping United can sign Sneijder before the transfer window closes

and yeah I would be down for intramurals BUT I want to go back home for the weekends and I hate how intramurals are on Sunday mornings -__-. We'll see though..
Top 6:
1. Manchester United.
2. Chelsea.
3. Manchester City.
4. Liverpool. They'll be third if they can defend better. Stevie G won't be back until September and that's a bit of a setback.
5. Arsenal.
6. Everton. Yes, Everton.

Bottom 3:
18. Blackburn. Would be lovely. Watching grass grow is more entertaining than Blackurn.
19. Wigan. Al-Habsi can't do it all on his own.
20. Norwich.

Other predictions:
'Le Sulk' will keep sulking, because Villas-Boas will do everything he can to get Torres going. Plus we all know that Daniel Sturridge is twice the striker that Le Sulk is.

Wenger will continue to complain about anything AND EVERYTHING.

Balotelli will doing something stupid. Like this.

Or this.

But most likely this.

Along the lines of Man City, Mancini will buy five more strikers in January. And Tevez will send in another transfer request.

Blackburn's Steve Kean gets fired first. Then Alan Pardew of Newcastle.

Norwich fans will hear more of this.

And that's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by _Luu_ : 08-05-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Oilenroc, waldo92 like this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 04:13 PM   #42
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

I think Arsenal are still better than Liverpool, and if Wilshere, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie are all there and kicking, I see no reason for them not to compete for the title. I know I'd prefer them to Chelsea/City. Wenger shouldn't be fired, though, and I don't think he will be.

and Everton will need to have a good start to the season, they always start off shit and then pick up post Christmas (i think they had one of the best records in the league after January last season iirc). in all likelihood, they won't have a good start, and Tottenham will beat them to 5/6, especially if Modric stays (which is entirely contingent on how much Utd/Chelsea want him, Tottenham isn't gonna make the CL again in the foreseeable future, and Modric is at that level).
Old 08-05-2011 at 04:23 PM   #43
_Luu_
Elite Member

And I can't believe I forgot to add this to my previous post.

Joe Hart will continue to be in my good books if he celebrates any save, win, or goal that he scores with this Street Fighter-like stance.

camais, j0sh, twinsora like this.
Old 08-06-2011 at 02:22 AM   #44
twinsora

Haha I think that my top 6 would be:

Top 6:
1. Manchester City (Kompany, toure, silva and signing of Aguero are pretty good)
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal (My favourite team! Persie, wilshere, nasri, totally subjective but I would like Arsenal to take first!)
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham (Bale, Van Der Vaart, talented mfs)
Old 08-06-2011 at 02:24 AM   #45
twinsora

"I'm also interested in soccer intramurals. We could make a team from whoever is interested in playing from here. Since people that do fantasy EPL usually know a lot about soccer and in most cases actually play I think we could build a solid team." - Oilenroc

I'd be down for soccer intramurals too! AND you live in Hedden! Sweet!

Oilenroc likes this.