Funny Residence Stories mitch Residence & Housing 10 08-02-2008 12:22 AM

Events or Stories that Made Your Day

Old 11-03-2009 at 10:07 PM   #16
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I had to Google "HIV" because I kept thinking "Human Immunotherapy Vaccine/Virus". Damn you flu shot season.

What happened to the people who wrote "HIV"?
They got the answer right. =p

If you put anything else, it was wrong.
Old 11-03-2009 at 10:09 PM   #17
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
They got the answer right. =p

If you put anything else, it was wrong.
So the answer was in the question? Interesting...lol
Old 11-03-2009
FireDragoonX
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-03-2009 at 11:11 PM   #18
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

-Gemstones prof said he will bell cure our marks, that made my day...
-So I went shopping and got like 5 things at Guess for $45, awesome
Old 11-04-2009 at 09:09 AM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Dictionary.com's word of the day always puts me in a good mood. I love it, they have the most obscure words sometimes. ^^ <3333333333333

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-04-2009 at 09:42 AM   #20
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Yesterday someone in a rugged off-road Jeep drove out of the Cootes Drive line of cars, over the curb, down into the ditch and into the parking lot (across from ABB). Then, when he realized he couldn't drive out of the parking lot due to the new automatic gates, he again drove up over the curb, over the grass and out onto the road.

This really made my day yesterday!
Old 11-04-2009 at 10:23 AM   #21
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
In a virology class, one of the questions was "Spell HIV"
You could certainly challenge the ambiguity of that question. lol.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted HIV or Human etc. and it certainly wasn't clear from the question. So I was going to write HIV, but then it wouldn't be clear that I knew what it stood for."

And if that wouldn't work, I'd keep badgering them until something did. :p I'm the master of getting myself out of sticky situations like that now...ever since that one time I was a moron on a test (Nevermind the technical details):

"True or False: An orientable surface has det(J) strictly positive, where J is the Jacobian evaluated at (x,y), for all x and y."

I answer:

TRUE: Or strictly negative. (Which is exactly why it should be false!!!)

Of course I get it wrong, and can't appeal my case. :p
Old 11-04-2009 at 01:24 PM   #22
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

what made my day yesterday was ... I was in programming class (omfg i hate programming -.- ) and the m idterm marks were out, and i over heard the guy behind me saying he got 16% , im like shit I hope i passed...

So towards the end of the lecture our prof was talking about our average on the midterm... which was a 53% ....... he said he added 10% to it to make up for any ambiguitys. So pretty much everyone got 10% free. So the kid behind me was like ... ****, that means i REALLY got only 6% . . .
That made my day.

Old 11-04-2009 at 01:37 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
You could certainly challenge the ambiguity of that question. lol.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted HIV or Human etc. and it certainly wasn't clear from the question. So I was going to write HIV, but then it wouldn't be clear that I knew what it stood for."

And if that wouldn't work, I'd keep badgering them until something did. :p I'm the master of getting myself out of sticky situations like that now...ever since that one time I was a moron on a test (Nevermind the technical details):

"True or False: An orientable surface has det(J) strictly positive, where J is the Jacobian evaluated at (x,y), for all x and y."

I answer:

TRUE: Or strictly negative. (Which is exactly why it should be false!!!)

Of course I get it wrong, and can't appeal my case. :p

I'm sorry my dear Mowicz, but I don't think anyone knows what this means. XD

Maegs likes this.
Old 11-04-2009 at 03:18 PM   #24
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WekSos View Post
what made my day yesterday was ... I was in programming class (omfg i hate programming -.- ) and the m idterm marks were out, and i over heard the guy behind me saying he got 16% , im like shit I hope i passed...

So towards the end of the lecture our prof was talking about our average on the midterm... which was a 53% ....... he said he added 10% to it to make up for any ambiguitys. So pretty much everyone got 10% free. So the kid behind me was like ... ****, that means i REALLY got only 6% . . .
That made my day.
OOHHHHH WOWWWWWW. I'm sorry if that kid reads this but... Just... wow. I don't understand how that's possible.

The other day in Exercise Physiology class we got our midterm marks back, and someone got 37%... Which is pretty bad, but hey.. it's not 6%...

ANYWAYS point is, it turns out that the prof was so shocked she checked who it was, and sure enough it was a first year Engineering student. So somehow a first year engineering student wrote a second year Kinesiology exam... And managed to get 37... Made my week.
Old 11-04-2009 at 03:50 PM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
OOHHHHH WOWWWWWW. I'm sorry if that kid reads this but... Just... wow. I don't understand how that's possible.

The other day in Exercise Physiology class we got our midterm marks back, and someone got 37%... Which is pretty bad, but hey.. it's not 6%...

ANYWAYS point is, it turns out that the prof was so shocked she checked who it was, and sure enough it was a first year Engineering student. So somehow a first year engineering student wrote a second year Kinesiology exam... And managed to get 37... Made my week.
That's a pretty good mark. o_O

Old 11-04-2009 at 06:36 PM   #26
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post

Was it a multiple choice midterm?
Old 11-04-2009 at 07:08 PM   #27
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Yeah it was.... Still funny though.
Old 11-04-2009 at 08:46 PM   #28
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Tuesday morning I found a dime in my shower.

I was/am still really confused...I live by myself...

*edit*: changed the previous 'time' to 'dime'

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 11-04-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2009 at 08:51 PM   #29
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Tuesday morning I found a time in my shower.

I was/am still really confused...I live by myself...
What?

Like the magazine?