MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Booster Juice Approved for Mac MD-L MacInsiders Announcements 93 03-27-2012 06:08 PM
Jungle Juice mcpherba Drink Mixes 1 11-22-2011 07:25 AM
Orange Juice cowpuppy Drink Mixes 1 06-08-2010 01:50 PM
What Happened At Welcome Day? Kevin General Discussion 3 08-14-2007 05:39 PM

What ever happened to the Booster Juice on campus?

Old 09-14-2012 at 03:24 PM   #1
indigo

Liked: Liked 5 Times

What ever happened to the Booster Juice on campus?
Anyone know what ever happened to the approved Booster Juice on campus? I don't see it anywhere...
Old 09-14-2012 at 03:54 PM   #2
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

http://www.thesil.ca/booster-juice-kiosk-approved

Booster Juice didn't push the deal thru. Maybe the figured no one would pay that much money for colored water.

EDIT: I think they might have reconsidered the rent on campus grounds, I just saw their store like 100 meters from campus.

Last edited by AngryBean : 09-14-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2012 at 07:55 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
http://www.thesil.ca/booster-juice-kiosk-approved

Booster Juice didn't push the deal thru. Maybe the figured no one would pay that much money for colored water.

EDIT: I think they might have reconsidered the rent on campus grounds, I just saw their store like 100 meters from campus.
What are you saying, exactly?
Old 09-14-2012 at 08:15 PM   #4
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

It's definitely coming. It'll be right beside Timmies in the Student Centre in about 6-8 weeks. How do I know? People working at La Piazza told me. They're closing down the one within 100 meters of Mac. They'll also accept meal cards etc.
Old 09-14-2012 at 08:34 PM   #5
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
What are you saying, exactly?
I'm saying either their business is going well, and they are planing on having 2 stores minutes from each other, which is unlikely due to the price.

Or they bailed on having their store on campus and put it minutes away where the rent is not nearly as high, but the influx of students who really want their products (like reeaaalllyyy want) remains the same.
Old 09-14-2012 at 08:52 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I'm saying either their business is going well, and they are planing on having 2 stores minutes from each other, which is unlikely due to the price.

Or they bailed on having their store on campus and put it minutes away where the rent is not nearly as high, but the influx of students who really want their products (like reeaaalllyyy want) remains the same.
The Booster Juice near McMaster on Main street has been at that location for years, but like somebody said, its apparently closing/moving to the MUSC location.
I think it will do really well.. That little booth is a bit tiny for what they need to run a smoothie counter for as popular as I think it would be though. I can imagine a huge line at lunch time and some poor guy all alone whipping up smoothies horribly hurridly...
Old 09-14-2012 at 10:32 PM   #7
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
The Booster Juice near McMaster on Main street has been at that location for years, but like somebody said, its apparently closing/moving to the MUSC location.
I think it will do really well.. That little booth is a bit tiny for what they need to run a smoothie counter for as popular as I think it would be though. I can imagine a huge line at lunch time and some poor guy all alone whipping up smoothies horribly hurridly...
Well since they mostly (if only) just sell smoothies, they don't need a whole lot of space, but on the other hand it is hard to tell how busy it'll be since the one outside campus barely ever has people in it