MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
MacInsiders Partners With Ath&Rec To Bring You Expert Sport Advice and News Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-02-2010 06:19 PM
HTML Expert, Anyone? Desda Computers & Tech 4 08-11-2010 01:40 AM
McMaster Career Services launches all-new student blog: Water Cooler Gossip MPett Jobs & Employment Tips 0 11-10-2008 08:30 PM

Every Last Drop: Water Expert Speaks at McMaster

Join us on Januaryy 22nd at 4:30 PM in BSB B103 to hear JNF Israel's Dr. Avri Kadmon talk about water conservation efforts and technology.
Published by

Article Tools

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.jpg (173.2 KB, 29 views)
Deleted Post
Old 01-20-2013 at 11:39 PM   #2
shaber1
Year: Second

Liked: 1 Time
Dr. Avri Kadmon was born in Israel and received his extensive education at the Technion - Israel's Institue of Technology - in the fields of Agricultural Engineering , Civil and Environmental Engineering, as well as advanced Project Management.

Dr. Kadmon's current role is as the Manager of GIS - Geographic Information Systems - for JNF Israel, and is in charge of GIS Mapping and River Rehabilitation plus all of JNF Israel's involvement in river rehabilitation.

Dr. Kadmon has received numerous awards in recognition of his significant contributions to solving Israel's water problem. He currently sits on 14 river authorities and planning committees for river rehabilitation. Water problems in Israel include over-pumping from aquifers, salinization, contamination, environmental pollution, many successive years of severe drought and more.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-21-2013 at 11:37 AM   #3
lightsms
Program: Mechanical Engineering
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS

This looks really cool!
Old 01-21-2013 at 01:41 PM   #4
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Geography & Earth Sciences
Year: Fourth

Liked: 126 Times
I want to go to this but that's the only time on Tuesdays I get to spend with my toddler. I'm guessing people wouldn't be very happy if I brought him with me.

Old 01-21-2013 at 04:56 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser
Program: Business Informatics

Liked: 461 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
I want to go to this but that's the only time on Tuesdays I get to spend with my toddler. I'm guessing people wouldn't be very happy if I brought him with me.
Can't he stay quiet for a bit? :o
Old 01-21-2013 at 06:52 PM   #6
MRGT
Faculty: None
Year: Other

Very interesting stuff! I will try to promote this event, seeing as it is highly relevant to our group as well.

macioc likes this.
Old 01-21-2013 at 07:40 PM   #7
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Geography & Earth Sciences

Liked: 126 Times
Hmmm, maybe we'll try. I haven't taken him into a lecture/discussion situation in a while. The difficulty is less with him staying quiet and more with him running all over the place. Toddlers are busy little people!
Old 01-21-2013 at 08:04 PM   #8
anonanon987
Power Abuser
Program: Business Informatics

Liked: 461 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
Hmmm, maybe we'll try. I haven't taken him into a lecture/discussion situation in a while. The difficulty is less with him staying quiet and more with him running all over the place. Toddlers are busy little people!
Haha, that is very true. Well good luck if you go and take him !

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search