MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rice is not a side-dish (I): Everyday Stir-fry! lilchoconut Recipes 0 08-07-2009 04:38 PM

Everyday is a loss

Old 10-26-2010
eullwm
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-26-2010
Toast
Old 10-26-2010
Toast
Old 10-26-2010 at 02:17 AM   #61
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Found this quote online,

"Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and it’s sucked every second so far, it probably isn't going to get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. None should blame you for walking out early."

Doug Stanhope

Old 10-26-2010 at 08:41 AM   #62
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

When I posted, I thought there was only one page of replies and missed the second page, making my response a page late and completely unrelated to everything that has since been discussed. Sooooo I'm erasing it.

Last edited by AlienSummer : 10-26-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-26-2010 at 08:53 AM   #63
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Found this quote online,

"Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and it’s sucked every second so far, it probably isn't going to get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. None should blame you for walking out early."

Doug Stanhope

Haha, surprisingly, that just cheered me up

Old 10-26-2010 at 12:11 PM   #64
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Agreed. Works 1000% of the time.

Being 100% serious here. I normally find that after a butt-pounding of midterms or stress even if its not school related can be cleansed with letting go and having a good night of drinking without any concerns. That includes not thinking "oh sh!t i have a midterm tomorrow", then again you shouldn't use the day before a midterm to get plastered.

Note: It doesnt have to be drinking, just do something once in a while that relaxes/releases you. (besides spanking the ham)

Also being honest here, today happens to be my mental cleansing day. So hello mickey of st.remy, meet my tummy

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 10-26-2010 at 12:32 PM   #65
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Spanking the ham?

Lmao.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-26-2010 at 12:48 PM   #66
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
OP here's your problem : What's your ****ing goal in life ? Do you place women as the center in your life ?

Follow your passion, and do exercise. Deperession can be overcome, just face it and be HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE LIMBS AND ABLE TO ATTEND A UNIVESITY.

Sierously, people these days are such whiny little girls. There's children in war torn countries who get killed, shot at, witness the death of their family and have to experience a great amount of pain every single day.

I admit, I have felt depression during HS, felt left out. Could have comitted suicide, but then I realize that the scum of this planet are still alive and kicking. So why sould I end my life when evil is at its peek ? If I am going to Hell, I'll wait until evil scum like Osama bin Laden dies.
What? What the hell does that even mean? And goddamn, I love how you associate 'evil' with 'Osama bin Laden' - sounds like you're quoting the media like CNN (which has been created for gullible idiots).

Equinox likes this.
Old 10-26-2010 at 12:49 PM   #67
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Agreed. Works 1000% of the time.
im pretty sure that's how addiction starts, i would know my uncles an alcoholic...
Old 10-27-2010 at 01:17 AM   #68
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

OP:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I know it sucks big time, and that you just want to give up. I have a few words of advice though:

1) Go to the gym. Aim for at least three times a week, for at least 30 minutes. It'll improve your mood, improve your confidence, and improve your looks. Plus there is a chance you MAY meet someone, but don't count on it.

2) Smile. Seriously. When you walk around campus think "I'm going to smile at people and make their day". I don't mean do a creepy smile. Just a normal smile you'd get when you see a close friend. When you catch eyes with a girl, give them that smile. A lot will smile back. Guess what? Once you do this, talking to a girl doesn't seem like such a big deal.

3) Don't worry about girls rejecting you just from talking to them. If a girl isn't friendly (like won't even attempt to hold their end of a conversation) when you tried to talk to her (unless you acted like a total creep, or smell really awful), then its probably nothing to do you. Maybe they're shy or antisocial. Maybe they're having a crap day. Maybe they just felt like acting mean. Who knows. Just take it as it is, and don't waste your time on them. Its their loss really.

4) Don't make "I need a girlfriend" as your mindset. Girls can smell desperation a mile a way. Everytime you tell yourself "I need a girlfriend" correct it! Say "I would enjoy having a girlfriend, but I'm fine without it until the right person comes along" (Before anyone says anything, I know I'm a hypocrite for this one, but I am working on it.)

Hopes that helps.

icecubz likes this.
Old 10-27-2010 at 01:41 AM   #69
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

TO OP:

i kind of agree with what monica said, you gotta just live your life you know and stop worrying about such things and let it happen, but at the same time if you really really want a girlfriend badly then you have no choice other than to go talk to them. It's not going to be easy and your probably going to get shot down maybe a few times but hell you'll find a girl who's interested in you and it will just click and things start to flow naturally, so if you really really want a girl now you gotta take the risk and go and just talk to them, get your friends to introduce their other friends to you.
Old 10-27-2010 at 02:34 PM   #70
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

If you don't know what to ask or how to start a convo, maybe start with "can i borrow your notes from yesterday?" "can you explain ___?" and then lead into asking what program they're in and shet... or maybe do the pen trick my friend did...lmao. he pretended to drop his pen XD and as a result she picked it up and yeah...u gotta make sure u sit beside her first though
Old 10-27-2010 at 02:53 PM   #71
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Master yourself first. Then worry about the ladies.

AlienSummer, Amaryll like this.
Old 10-27-2010 at 04:16 PM   #72
thompson

Liked: 4 Times

If you aren't happy with yourself, what makes you think you'd make a girlfriend happy?

Get settled with yourself first, then start looking.