MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poster Rules J-Met General Discussion 7 04-22-2010 09:34 PM
MSU Rules on MacInsiders stevennevets General Discussion 14 10-26-2008 11:33 PM
Cycling Rules & Safety Tips DannyV Misc 4 05-23-2008 09:06 AM
Residence Survival Part 3: Rules! lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 1 08-10-2007 06:04 PM

Exam Rules

Old 12-10-2011 at 11:18 AM   #1
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Exam Rules
I have what may seem like a stupid question.
Are we allowed to eat chocolate bars in the exam? Will anyone say anything about it?
I know they recite the rules each year but I honestly don't really listen...
I don't know if this makes a difference, but all my exams are open book, open notes, bring your grandmother if she can help, type of exams.
Old 12-10-2011 at 12:33 PM   #2
Elliott779

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
I have what may seem like a stupid question.
Are we allowed to eat chocolate bars in the exam? Will anyone say anything about it?
I know they recite the rules each year but I honestly don't really listen...
I don't know if this makes a difference, but all my exams are open book, open notes, bring your grandmother if she can help, type of exams.
You could always tell them that you have hypoglycemia and need a source of sugar on you at all times. And like... I can seem them maybe making you keep it under your chair until you want to eat it, or taking its wrapper off in case you wrote notes on it or something... So just put it in a ziploc?

AmyLia says thanks to Elliott779 for this post.

Sintos likes this.
Old 12-10-2011 at 12:40 PM   #3
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

I say... Be like a chipmunk and keep the chocolate in your cheeks. Slowly transfer it to your tongue so you can enjoy a snack throughout the entire exam.

But last year I had my glasses case confiscated because "there could be writing underneath the fabric," so they may try and stretch is saying you have a letter in the chocolate bar itself.

Also, I was drinking redbull and the old lady at the front like falcon grabbed it out of my hand screaming no food or non-capped drink in the exam room.

SO in closing... act like a chipmunk, they are always paranoid, and avoid the old lady invigilator. GL!

AmyLia says thanks to Sintos for this post.

Old 12-10-2011 at 12:46 PM   #4
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

From my experience so far, I've eaten chocolate bars in front of invigilators and they haven't complained. I think you are allowed to bring a small snack with you, just don't make a mess or bring an entire meal.

AmyLia says thanks to particle for this post.
Old 12-10-2011 at 01:07 PM   #5
AmyLia

Thanks guys.

These are exams where I can bring whatever I want and I get to keep my backpack beside me if I want to so I figure if there's no fear of cheating, I should be able to eat it probs.

I'ma just bring in a mars bar and if anyone complains I'll raise a fuss about being diabetic but hopefully they won't.

And I know the old lady invigilator you're talking about haha. Last year, we had a similar exam, open everything, and she made me take off the cover of my calculator and put it beneath my seat. I actually needed some of the constants on there so I bitched about it until the prof came along and told her to go away and leave us alone lol. These people really need brains -_-...
Old 12-10-2011 at 01:58 PM   #6
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Exam invigilators are nothing compared to the army that Cosa brings for the marketing midterms...
Old 12-10-2011 at 03:45 PM   #7
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
And I know the old lady invigilator you're talking about haha. Last year, we had a similar exam, open everything, and she made me take off the cover of my calculator and put it beneath my seat. I actually needed some of the constants on there so I bitched about it until the prof came along and told her to go away and leave us alone lol. These people really need brains -_-...
LOL
I swear to god the invigilators Mac hires fit into one of three categories.
1. Random person off the street
2. Retired with nothing better to do, probably volunteered for this
3. Ex-con in a halfway house, can't get any other job

AmyLia likes this.
Old 12-10-2011 at 05:19 PM   #8
TroubleStorm
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Exam invigilators are nothing compared to the army that Cosa brings for the marketing midterms...
Seriously. What the ****. I'm scared to even look at the clock in her midterms. How is this economical? There's 2 invigilators hawking the **** out of each row and like 6 at the front. Its not like anyones even going to try to cheat since theres 4 versions and you don't even know what version you are until the end...

Then I go to a stats midterm and theres 1 invigilator who doesn't give a **** and TAs walking around giving answers in TSH120 packed full.

xxsumz says thanks to TroubleStorm for this post.
Old 12-10-2011 at 07:54 PM   #9
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleStorm View Post
Seriously. What the ****. I'm scared to even look at the clock in her midterms. How is this economical? There's 2 invigilators hawking the **** out of each row and like 6 at the front. Its not like anyones even going to try to cheat since theres 4 versions and you don't even know what version you are until the end...

Then I go to a stats midterm and theres 1 invigilator who doesn't give a **** and TAs walking around giving answers in TSH120 packed full.

I don't know who this Cosa is, but this sounds hilarious...I really hope this exam is somewhere in a room I'm in this year just to witness this haha
Old 12-10-2011 at 07:59 PM   #10
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

One of the rules the guy says at the beginning is "No food or drinks, except water in a sealed container". Maybe you can eat it just before going into the exam room?
Old 12-10-2011 at 08:02 PM   #11
TroubleStorm
Account Locked

Quote:
I don't know who this Cosa is, but this sounds hilarious...I really hope this exam is somewhere in a room I'm in this year just to witness this haha
Its only for midterms. She is the Commerce 2nd year Marketing professor and first year Business prof. I use the term prof loosely here because she isn't a professor and I'm not quite sure what her credentials are other than careering it 12 years ago. She uses the same rehashed slides every year and is well-known by every DeGroote alumni that graduated within the last decade because she is crazy and everyone has to tolerate her at least once.
Old 12-10-2011 at 08:24 PM   #12
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
One of the rules the guy says at the beginning is "No food or drinks, except water in a sealed container". Maybe you can eat it just before going into the exam room?
Thanks for that!
I might just do that then. Before is better than never. It's just that these exams are sooo long :(
Old 12-10-2011 at 08:56 PM   #13
TroubleStorm
Account Locked

Just bring it in and if they say anything give it to them? Just feign ignorance, nothing to lose.