MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school fee covered in osap-pay now? Richa Financial Aid 1 08-19-2010 07:59 AM
The MSU Health and Dental Plans: You’re covered! summer MSU & On-Campus Services 5 09-13-2008 12:01 PM
Ohip/uhip Are Not Comparable Coverages? meerf General Discussion 22 08-17-2008 10:29 PM
“My UHIP Summary” thing ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-23-2008 06:05 PM

Eye exams covered by UHIP ??

Old 04-28-2010 at 10:03 AM   #1
sun.shine

Liked: 2 Times

Eye exams covered by UHIP ??
Hi all : )

Do you guys know if the eye exams are partially or fully covered by uhip plan? If not, do you know of any location in hamilton which charges less or gives out student discount?

Also, any good dentist to recommend around hamilton would help as well (keep in mind, i've had bad experience with dentist in the past)

Last edited by sun.shine : 04-28-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2010 at 03:18 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Not too sure about the eye exams.. But about the dentist, Dr. Elio Filice's office was really great. One of the better dentists I've been to for sure. And that's the same review/vibe I got from a number of my floor-mates who've been there in the past couple of weeks. Hope that helps!
http://www.filicedental.com/ for more info
Old 04-28-2010 at 06:12 PM   #3
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Yes, one eye exam per year is covered by UHIP, but only if you are under 20 years of age or over 64, the latter of which you are presumably not.

For more details about UHIP: http://www.uhip.ca/covered.aspx. Note that the MSU health/dental insurance program is NOT the same as UHIP (UHIP is for those who are not covered by OHIP).
Old 04-28-2010 at 08:36 PM   #4
sun.shine

Liked: 2 Times

MSU doesn't cover eye exams i guess

Do you guys know of any location which is reasonably cheap or gives student discounts on eye exams?
Old 04-29-2010 at 11:12 PM   #5
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.shine View Post
MSU doesn't cover eye exams i guess

Do you guys know of any location which is reasonably cheap or gives student discounts on eye exams?
The MSU health plan will actually reimburse up to 50% of the cost of an eye exam. Here is a list of everything that is covered by the MSU.

I know a couple of places in Brampton/Mississauga that offer great discounts, but I have a feeling that won’t help you. If you have time, you could always call up a few doctors in Hamilton and ask. Here is a list of optometrists in Hamilton.