MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam on Macinsiders? J-Met General Discussion 16 12-23-2010 12:16 AM
Alternative Welcome Week lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-13-2010 08:55 AM
Anyone else getting (what appears to be) Facebook spam? Kathy2 Computers & Tech 2 02-13-2010 01:39 AM

EZ-MUGSI, an alternative to ALT-F4 SPAM

Members have rated post #251004 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:15 PM   #16
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
Can someone confirm that this works?
It works the same as what Ellery does (which essentially works the same as everything else people mention), except it does it faster than (most?) humans can, because you don't have (much?) reaction time to worry about.

Plus, you can just watch your screen as it closes the "...maxon" page, and re-opening the MUGSI. Right now, I get on 10-20 seconds.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:25 PM   #17
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

This might even be better without the auto-closing as I have found that to be unnecessary. So essentially you just have the auto-click script, if the 'busy' page is returned, the MUGSI linked should be clicked again, and of course loop this until you're in. This saves an incredibly short step (the auto-closing), but might be worthwhile to change the scripts to do so.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:30 PM   #18
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Don't quote me on this, as I didn't write/read the code, but maybe I was wrong and it doesn't auto-close, but it happens in a single window, in which it changes from UTS to maxon, to UTS, and so forth until it reaches MUGSI. It may be more accurate to say that it is goes to that page immediately after the maxon page.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:34 PM   #19
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
Don't quote me on this, as I didn't write/read the code, but maybe I was wrong and it doesn't auto-close, but it happens in a single window, in which it changes from UTS to maxon, to UTS, and so forth until it reaches MUGSI. It may be more accurate to say that it is goes to that page immediately after the maxon page.
If this is the case then it sounds efficient enough.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:42 PM   #20
Q-tips

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
This might even be better without the auto-closing as I have found that to be unnecessary. So essentially you just have the auto-click script, if the 'busy' page is returned, the MUGSI linked should be clicked again, and of course loop this until you're in. This saves an incredibly short step (the auto-closing), but might be worthwhile to change the scripts to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
justinsftw is correct.

It actually uses a redirect command that takes you back to the main page so that the script for clicking on the MUGSI link can happen.

Minor mistakes on my part for the wording. This script went through several versions and the original version did closes the window. In the end I reached the same conclusion as you guys and changed it.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:43 PM   #21
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

the code is really efficient. Runs everything in one window, replaces the maxon page with the login page
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:01 PM   #22
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

OMFG
where were u yesterday

Old 06-14-2011 at 11:06 PM   #23
Q-tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
OMFG
where were u yesterday
I overslept... Please be kind and don't deduct too much marks for lateness.

Actually, I was refining the script yesterday. Its hard to gauge how effective the method is until you put it through a stress test.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:09 PM   #24
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

FCCKKKKKKKKK, SOLAR's frozen and won't select anything past subject. *cutcutcut*

Edit: Crisis averted, I'm going to bed.

Last edited by Theashe : 06-14-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:10 PM   #25
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

There goes the secret advantage............ ..................... .....

Afzal, Jamalf, L'Étoile like this.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:25 PM   #26
Q-tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
There goes the secret advantage............ ..................... .....

Now that the cat is out of the bottle, someone should post up a script for SOLAR Queue too.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:31 PM   #27
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tips View Post

Now that the cat is out of the bottle, someone should post up a script for SOLAR Queue too.
yes please do! solar is the real bhitch
freezing up and crashing when u pick all ur courses so none is saved
and u find out after all the courses u were just registered in are now all full
..... god im still angry
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:37 PM   #28
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Thank you Q-tips!!! I award you one internet for this good deed.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:47 PM   #29
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

All this does is give an advantage to people who browse macinsiders at the cost of poor souls who don't have this script.

Actually, since you automate mugsi login like this, it will allow people not only prevent people from giving up easily, it will increase the amount of server load much more than somebody without this advantage (significant?).

In short, this is not utilitarian in nature.

Also: you should have released this before my course selections.

Old 06-15-2011 at 12:00 AM   #30
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
yes please do! solar is the real bhitch
freezing up and crashing when u pick all ur courses so none is saved
and u find out after all the courses u were just registered in are now all full
..... god im still angry
once SOLAR actually lets me in and I can see the address of the main page ill write a script...until then Alt F4

Edit: How are all the electives full? I'm being serious here my 10 backups are also full