MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Would You Do For The Person You Love? lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 86 04-29-2011 11:22 AM
One Love Jam! etoilex3 MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-17-2010 09:46 PM
One Love Jam! etoilex3 General Discussion 0 10-14-2010 03:49 PM
Having sex if you are not in love.... chrisjones Dating & Relationships 135 10-13-2010 12:54 PM
Red Sky: I Love My Bike rickmeister Computers & Tech 3 02-16-2010 10:40 PM

I F**** Love Mac

Old 01-31-2011 at 08:16 PM   #16
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy89 View Post
There's a bursary list that shows which bursaries go to which faculty and how they are distributed (ex. some of them say people with high volunteer hours and in commerce/eng/soc sci, etc. will get preference over others who don't have volunteer hours) There are a LOT of different ones.

EDIT found it... http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...ent/pg201.html
I got 2000 and I know someone in eng who got like 500. Its not about faculty...
Old 01-31-2011 at 08:31 PM   #17
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I got 2000 and I know someone in eng who got like 500. Its not about faculty...
well if you read some of the bursaries you'll figure it out...
Old 01-31-2011 at 08:42 PM   #18
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I suggest you find out what organization was responsible for giving you your bursary and send them a thank you letter, its not 'Mac' that gives them!

I wish I was considered for free monies :(
Old 01-31-2011 at 08:46 PM   #19
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I think a lot of it is based on how much OSAP you receive as well. So if you are less than 4 years out of highschool, you'll get much less OSAP (and therefore less bursaries) than someone who has been out of highschool for 4 or more years.
I came here as a mature student, out of high school more than 4 years, and have got relatively small bursaries (in comparison to others in other faculties), despite getting the full OSAP I was eligible for both years.

Unrelated question:

If my student account is -xxx.xx dollars, that is how much my cheque will be for in a couple weeks, right?
Old 01-31-2011 at 08:51 PM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I came here as a mature student, out of high school more than 4 years, and have got relatively small bursaries (in comparison to others in other faculties), despite getting the full OSAP I was eligible for both years.

Unrelated question:

If my student account is -xxx.xx dollars, that is how much my cheque will be for in a couple weeks, right?
Yes. 12 charmanders.

Also, you missed the most epic CHAT ever. COME LOG ON.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-01-2011 at 03:30 PM   #21
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I suggest you find out what organization was responsible for giving you your bursary and send them a thank you letter, its not 'Mac' that gives them!

I wish I was considered for free monies :(
I think if it says "McMaster Bursaries" on MUGSI, that means it's from anonymous Mac donations, right?
Otherwise it would say the name of the organization/family/group who gave the donation?
Old 02-01-2011 at 04:52 PM   #22
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

where do u check to see if u got