MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rate the person above manaya General Discussion 4 04-25-2010 06:37 PM

What Would You Do For The Person You Love?

Old 01-23-2011 at 08:41 PM   #1
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

What Would You Do For The Person You Love?
What do you guys think? What would you do for the person you love? Would you be willing to change schools, programs, move away, even put school and possibly your goals or dreams on hold for that one special person? Would you be willing to take a chance? Or do you hold back for what you know is for sure. "Forget the risk, take the fall. If it's meant to be, it's worth it all." Do you believe it?
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:46 PM   #2
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
What do you guys think? What would you do for the person you love? Would you be willing to change schools, programs, move away, even put school and possibly your goals or dreams on hold for that one special person? Would you be willing to take a chance? Or do you hold back for what you know is for sure. "Forget the risk, take the fall. If it's meant to be, it's worth it all." Do you believe it?
How would you answer that?

Mepper likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:47 PM   #3
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Is it really worth it to throw everything away for one person ?

What if you end up single anyway ?
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:47 PM   #4
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
What would you do for the person you love?
Eat a Klondike Bar
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:48 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I come first. Plain and simple.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

xxsumz says thanks to lawleypop for this post.

Old 01-23-2011 at 08:50 PM   #6
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

let's just say i wouldn't catch a grenade for her, har har har...i'm sorry this made me think of that song

Desda likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:51 PM   #7
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I come first. Plain and simple.
I like this attitude.
Lets have sex nao plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:55 PM   #8
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Yeah. To an extent though. For example, my boyfriend lives in England. I considered transferring to a school there, but it was impractical. Instead he's moving here, leaving his family and friends to be here with me. So you could say he's giving up a lot to be with me. But at the same time we agreed that if he doesn't jive with Canada I'd happily move to England after I was done school (I lived there for a few months partly to see if I could deal with moving there for him).
But neither of us is giving up our dreams exactly-we're both still pursuing the jobs we ideally want. If it came down to choosing between life goals and each other we'd just tough it out-just like we are now.

Amita24, DeeNos like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:56 PM   #9
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Maybe it's not that easy. Not if you're actually in that situation. Sometimes you think, I'm not ready for this, I need to wait until I'm older and done school etc. But you can't help when true love comes around, it doesn't happen everyday. It's not like you can say, oh well I'll forget about this one and fall in love later when it's more convenient. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes you only get one chance.
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:57 PM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I definitely wouldn't put my goals on hold for this so-called person. It's all about compromise. If the other person is not willing to compromise, why should I? People come in and out of your life all the time, but my life is with me forever so I'd rather focus on that..

ishk33 likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:58 PM   #11
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Ideals like giving up something really important for someone, don't hold a lot of merit, especially now. At the end of the day, all you have to show for yourself is whatever you've achieved as a result of your efforts. so, LOL at the idea of dropping out of school for someone.

Old 01-23-2011 at 08:59 PM   #12
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Maybe it's not that easy. Not if you're actually in that situation. Sometimes you think, I'm not ready for this, I need to wait until I'm older and done school etc. But you can't help when true love comes around, it doesn't happen everyday. It's not like you can say, oh well I'll forget about this one and fall in love later when it's more convenient. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes you only get one chance.
Was this directed at me, or just in general?

Old 01-23-2011 at 08:59 PM   #13
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Yeah. To an extent though. For example, my boyfriend lives in England. I considered transferring to a school there, but it was impractical. Instead he's moving here, leaving his family and friends to be here with me. So you could say he's giving up a lot to be with me. But at the same time we agreed that if he doesn't jive with Canada I'd happily move to England after I was done school (I lived there for a few months partly to see if I could deal with moving there for him).
But neither of us is giving up our dreams exactly-we're both still pursuing the jobs we ideally want. If it came down to choosing between life goals and each other we'd just tough it out-just like we are now.
That's compromising. How does his family feel about him moving here? There are so many things to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I definitely wouldn't put my goals on hold for this so-called person. It's all about compromise. If the other person is not willing to compromise, why should I? People come in and out of your life all the time, but my life is with me forever so I'd rather focus on that..
What if the other person can't compromise? What if he/she doesn't have a choice?
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:00 PM   #14
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Ideals like giving up something really important for someone, don't hold a lot of merit, especially now. At the end of the day, all you have to show for yourself is whatever you've achieved as a result of your efforts. so, LOL at the idea of dropping out of school for someone.
Exactly.. I honestly don't believe in this so called ideal life of sacrifice and whatnot. Most of us are inexperienced to know whether this so-called "true-love" is real or not, and I know plenty of people who thought they've found the right person and guess what.. it lasted months or even years but it eventually ended..

I can't think of an example where the person wouldn't be able to compromise.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:00 PM   #15
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:

Because the chance to go through school uninterrupted comes around so often, right

P.S There is no such thing as "the one". It's just "the one" you decided to stop at.

aya017, Entropy, Needlenose like this.