MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rate the person above manaya General Discussion 4 04-25-2010 06:37 PM

What Would You Do For The Person You Love?

Old 01-23-2011 at 09:04 PM   #16
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post

P.S There is no such thing as "the one". It's just "the one" you decided to stop at.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:06 PM   #17
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

its totally happening to me and my fiancee right now... He is coming to Hamilton from Calgary to finish his degree and I am seriously considering becoming a visiting student at another university for him the year after because he will be doing teacher's college.
This year of separation has been hard enough and we've decided to never put ourselves through that kind of crap again, so of course it's worth it!

Amita24, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:06 PM   #18
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I come first. Plain and simple.
Interpreted this a different way the first time around. What is wrong with me...

xxsumz says thanks to Toast for this post.

Old 01-23-2011 at 09:06 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Maybe it's not that easy. Not if you're actually in that situation. Sometimes you think, I'm not ready for this, I need to wait until I'm older and done school etc. But you can't help when true love comes around, it doesn't happen everyday. It's not like you can say, oh well I'll forget about this one and fall in love later when it's more convenient. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes you only get one chance.
What is this, a Nicholas Sparks movie?

The concept of "true love" is hard to believe anyways. And how do you know it DOESN'T work that way? I guess you're buying into the belief of a "soulmate" and to me, that's even more ludicrous.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-23-2011 at 09:09 PM   #20
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Ideals like giving up something really important for someone, don't hold a lot of merit, especially now. At the end of the day, all you have to show for yourself is whatever you've achieved as a result of your efforts. so, LOL at the idea of dropping out of school for someone.
Not dropping out, putting on hold. Is a degree the ONLY thing you acheive from your efforts? Yes, maybe from your academic efforts/ But there's other things you have to show for yourself. If being happy is ultimately from being with that person than maybe that's what you have to show for yourself: happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Was this directed at me, or just in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Exactly.. I honestly don't believe in this so called ideal life of sacrifice and whatnot. Most of us are inexperienced to know whether this so-called "true-love" is real or not, and I know plenty of people who thought they've found the right person and guess what.. it lasted months or even years but it eventually ended..

I can't think of an example where the person wouldn't be able to compromise.
Can you ever really say that people are "experienced" at finding true love? Because I don't think so. It happens rarely and I don't believe there is any rhyme or reason to it.

Quote:
Because the chance to go through school uninterrupted comes around so often, right

P.S There is no such thing as "the one". It's just "the one" you decided to stop at.
I don't believe that there is no such thing as "the one." And you're right, the chance to go through school uninterrupted may not come around often, but neither does true love.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:12 PM   #21
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Not dropping out, putting on hold. Is a degree the ONLY thing you acheive from your efforts? Yes, maybe from your academic efforts/ But there's other things you have to show for yourself. If being happy is ultimately from being with that person than maybe that's what you have to show for yourself: happiness.

I don't believe that there is no such thing as "the one." And you're right, the chance to go through school uninterrupted may not come around often, but neither does true love.

1) I just gave a specific example.

2) By saying that true love doesnt come around often, or just once, implies that theres a belief in "the one". If there wasnt a "one", you can love almost anybody. There are thousands of people all over the world right now, who I could happily spend the rest of my life with. Doesn't make one better than the other.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:13 PM   #22
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

huh :/ what? Who plans these kinda things, there almost never is a checklist for all this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Interpreted this a different way the first time around. What is wrong with me...

hahahahahahahahahahah aha
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:15 PM   #23
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:

2) By saying that true love doesnt come around often, or just once, implies that theres a belief in "the one". If there wasnt a "one", you can love almost anybody. There are thousands of people all over the world right now, who I could happily spend the rest of my life with. Doesn't make one better than the other.
i think you just need to wait till you find the "one"...however its not so much the concept of the "one" as someone you love so much that you really would do absolutely anything for, and that feeling is reciprocated. You can always be happy with several people, i guess i can't explain the feeling of when you just "know"
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:15 PM   #24
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Then it begins. You meet her,
and the first eternal cycle of life seems to occur.
First your vision is blurred,
trying to figure out how to get her peeps jockin
til you eavesdropping listening to her words.
First time "love at first sight"
is relevant in your life.
A glow like an angel on earth.
Her soul was so bright that your nights become days.
One way or another she'll discover your praise,
and someday you'll be lovers,
That's just to say the least.
And if you ever get the guts to speak,
nothing but a couple of feet away from making love complete.
But you love the discreet thoughts that cross in your mind and that's it.
Like an isolated island in the sunshine, is that chick.
Next day, the same shit, same time, same impression you get,
same kinda feeling killing your mind 'cause you're too shy to say shit,
not even "hi", wishing a perceptual state.
So you visit this same place envisioning
the chick as a fix for this.
Silent as a predator,
the prey you stay picturing.
Your souls walk across the ocean,
both talking of emotions
'til your hearts' caught in a moment
of an omen called love,
supposed to last forever.
Awakened by a waiter asking if you have his cheddar
and you realise nothing can be better than having
the pleasure of sitting at the table that she's giggling at.
But never will you ever get at that so you smile
while the world continues and thoughts sink you to the clouds

Afzal likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:16 PM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Then it begins. You meet her,
and the first eternal cycle of life seems to occur.
First your vision is blurred,
trying to figure out how to get her peeps jockin
til you eavesdropping listening to her words.
First time "love at first sight"
is relevant in your life.
A glow like an angel on earth.
Her soul was so bright that your nights become days.
One way or another she'll discover your praise,
and someday you'll be lovers,
That's just to say the least.
And if you ever get the guts to speak,
nothing but a couple of feet away from making love complete.
But you love the discreet thoughts that cross in your mind and that's it.
Like an isolated island in the sunshine, is that chick.
Next day, the same shit, same time, same impression you get,
same kinda feeling killing your mind 'cause you're too shy to say shit,
not even "hi", wishing a perceptual state.
So you visit this same place envisioning
the chick as a fix for this.
Silent as a predator,
the prey you stay picturing.
Your souls walk across the ocean,
both talking of emotions
'til your hearts' caught in a moment
of an omen called love,
supposed to last forever.
Awakened by a waiter asking if you have his cheddar
and you realise nothing can be better than having
the pleasure of sitting at the table that she's giggling at.
But never will you ever get at that so you smile
while the world continues and thoughts sink you to the clouds
tl;drololactuallydidntread t

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

alh24 likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:16 PM   #26
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:

1) What?
2) I DID say that I believe in "the one."
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:22 PM   #27
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

It depends on how important school is too you. In my case, I'd be miserable if I gave up school, regardless of how much I love him. Well...to an extent actually. hurrmph. There was a moment I think we both seriously considered just leaving everything and just living off our own means in relative poverty because I honestly think we'd be happier that way. Too many family and friends for that to actually ever work though.
Tangent. Anyway.
Say I did give up school..what would I do with my life? Be with him? It doesn't make sense. Yeah it's true love, but in this day and age rarely will you ever have to give something up that is THAT important (like school, or your dreams) to be with someone. Usually it just means putting up with rough times.

To answer your question, his family is sad he's leaving but mainly happy that he's happy. My family would basically react the same way. Like I said, in this day and age, crossing oceans isn't that big of a deal. Technology ftw.

Old 01-23-2011 at 09:25 PM   #28
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
It depends on how important school is too you. In my case, I'd be miserable if I gave up school, regardless of how much I love him. Well...to an extent actually. hurrmph. There was a moment I think we both seriously considered just leaving everything and just living off our own means in relative poverty because I honestly think we'd be happier that way. Too many family and friends for that to actually ever work though.
Tangent. Anyway.
Say I did give up school..what would I do with my life? Be with him? It doesn't make sense. Yeah it's true love, but in this day and age rarely will you ever have to give something up that is THAT important (like school, or your dreams) to be with someone. Usually it just means putting up with rough times.

To answer your question, his family is sad he's leaving but mainly happy that he's happy. My family would basically react the same way. Like I said, in this day and age, crossing oceans isn't that big of a deal. Technology ftw.

Running off with someone would be wicked except the whole living in misery thing. You need education, goals, and careers to be able to sustain yourselves. Trust me, if life was like a Nick Sparks book, that fine piece of man I became friends with in Chapters once, would be in my bed right now.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:26 PM   #29
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Tangent. Anyway.

You still sound that you're living a love story. I know, the idea of just running away and living with him is so romantic, but it's not feasible. Really, it's best if you can do both; be with him and still be in school. I met this young couple a couple weeks ago who both met at Mac, married and still attend school.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 01-23-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:27 PM   #30
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
1) What?
2) I DID say that I believe in "the one."

xxsumz says thanks to ShouldBeStudying for this post.