MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rate the person above manaya General Discussion 4 04-25-2010 06:37 PM

What Would You Do For The Person You Love?

Old 01-23-2011 at 09:40 PM   #31
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Running off with someone would be wicked except the whole living in misery thing. You need education, goals, and careers to be able to sustain yourselves. Trust me, if life was like a Nick Sparks book, that fine piece of man I became friends with in Chapters once, would be in my bed right now.
/shrugs
Education, goals and careers may help sustain oneself, but they most definitely do not even come close to guaranteeing happiness. Quite the opposite in my opinion. You can run a little chip shack, or work on a farm, or any number of things without any of that and be quite happy with what you have. It's not misery if you're with people you care about. I've gone into enough detail about my feelings on money and misery, my own experiences and the experiences of people I know who've been destitute to get that life being hard =/= being miserable. But we both have too much ambition for it to work Plus, my main reasons for wanting a job is to provide for my future children, That's kind of my motivation. So yeah..

tl;dr basically money ain't everything in theory. But in practice it's required for my family goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
You still sound that you're living a love story. I know, the idea of just running away and living with him is so romantic, but it's not feasible. Really, it's best if you can do both; be with him and still be in school. I met this young couple a couple weeks ago who both met at Mac, married and still attend school.
I kind of answered this above, but I'll add a bit more. When I lived and worked in England for four months while living with him, it was the best 4 months of my life so far, and leaving was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. If not for the family I had waiting for me at home, and the money I'd already spent on a year of school I would have had a really hard time convincing myself not to just stay. BUT point is I left and intend on following my dreams as does he.
Congrats to that couple. Not sure how that relates at all 0_o. Let them try having an ocean between them and year long gaps between seeing each other. /dying inside. That said, we have a super strong relationship, and it is a bit of a love story sometimes...it's just hard.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:43 PM   #32
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Then it begins. You meet her,
and the first eternal cycle of life seems to occur.
First your vision is blurred,
trying to figure out how to get her peeps jockin
til you eavesdropping listening to her words.
First time "love at first sight"
is relevant in your life.
A glow like an angel on earth.
Her soul was so bright that your nights become days.
One way or another she'll discover your praise,
and someday you'll be lovers,
That's just to say the least.
And if you ever get the guts to speak,
nothing but a couple of feet away from making love complete.
But you love the discreet thoughts that cross in your mind and that's it.
Like an isolated island in the sunshine, is that chick.
Next day, the same shit, same time, same impression you get,
same kinda feeling killing your mind 'cause you're too shy to say shit,
not even "hi", wishing a perceptual state.
So you visit this same place envisioning
the chick as a fix for this.
Silent as a predator,
the prey you stay picturing.
Your souls walk across the ocean,
both talking of emotions
'til your hearts' caught in a moment
of an omen called love,
supposed to last forever.
Awakened by a waiter asking if you have his cheddar
and you realise nothing can be better than having
the pleasure of sitting at the table that she's giggling at.
But never will you ever get at that so you smile
while the world continues and thoughts sink you to the clouds
Who wrote this?

Quote:
Running off with someone would be wicked except the whole living in misery thing. You need education, goals, and careers to be able to sustain yourselves. Trust me, if life was like a Nick Sparks book, that fine piece of man I became friends with in Chapters once, would be in my bed right now.
I met this total hottie at the mall the other day. Honestly the best looking guy I have ever seen (in person) in my life. He looked JUST like David Beckham. What was he doing at the mall, you may ask? Picking up his sit for his wedding.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:45 PM   #33
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I'd catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya

duh.

ShouldBeStudying likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:46 PM   #34
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
/shrugs
Education, goals and careers may help sustain oneself, but they most definitely do not even come close to guaranteeing happiness. Quite the opposite in my opinion. You can run a little chip shack, or work on a farm, or any number of things without any of that and be quite happy with what you have. It's not misery if you're with people you care about. I've gone into enough detail about my feelings on money and misery, my own experiences and the experiences of people I know who've been destitute to get that life being hard =/= being miserable. But we both have too much ambition for it to work Plus, my main reasons for wanting a job is to provide for my future children, That's kind of my motivation. So yeah..

tl;dr basically money ain't everything in theory. But in practice it's required for my family goals.

I think that came off wrong. It wasnt actually directed at you, I was sort of using your whole "I had to come back from England and work on my own life" thing as an example.

You are right in that money isnt everything. But I was talking about people who would be miserable leaving school or risking EVERYTHING they have ever known for one person.
Old 01-23-2011 at 10:02 PM   #35
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
I think that came off wrong. It wasnt actually directed at you, I was sort of using your whole "I had to come back from England and work on my own life" thing as an example.

You are right in that money isnt everything. But I was talking about people who would be miserable leaving school or risking EVERYTHING they have ever known for one person.
What about losing that person? Wouldn't you alway wonder "what if"? I would.
Old 01-23-2011 at 10:06 PM   #36
MrVJPMAn
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

2 words.

ALMOST

Anything

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 10:20 PM   #37
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Honestly, I would agree with lawleypop. I would have to come first haha. Seriously. Or compromise. A whole lot of compromise. I don't think I would ever give up my dreams for a guy - because I'll end up blaming him for it. Or something like that.

Personally, I would NOT put a hold on school for a guy, and many others. I wouldn't give up my dreams for a guy who I'm not even sure is gonna be there in the long run (except maybe if we're married and have kids, because there'll be different priorities then)

Maybe my principles will make me a "forever alone" person (love that .jpg btw), but we're too young to worry about that right now. We've got so much more life to live! lol
Old 01-23-2011 at 10:24 PM   #38
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

this thread brings back so many disappointing memories T__T
Old 01-23-2011 at 10:43 PM   #39
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

If you're not willing to compromise at all for someone, you don't really love them that much. Simple as that.

That said, the notion of giving up lifelong dreams to be with someone else is really quite stupid. Would I give up important life goals to be with the person I love? Absolutely not. Would I want them to give up their whole life for me? Hell no. No matter what, they will always resent you because you're the reason why they decided not to pursue their dream. Honestly, people who would choose to give up their whole life just to be with someone probably has no ambition. Or emotionally unstable. Why would you want to be with someone like that?

There's so much more to life than love. It's no more or less important than the other aspects of your life.

aya017, icecubz, Lois, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 11:21 PM   #40
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

There isn't anything I wouldn't do for the person I love. But of course, such a person does not exist yet. So I do whatever the hell I want.

EDIT: Though I do agree that giving life-long dreams and ambitions up is probably something I'd regret doing. So really, ALMOST anything. And now, it is time to sleep!

Last edited by AdelaisAer : 01-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2011 at 11:52 PM   #41
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

You guys are too serious, if you ask me, you need to lighten up! Life is short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I come first. Plain and simple.
even if it was vegeta?

Kendoon says thanks to Krusenik for this post.

Kendoon likes this.
Old 01-24-2011 at 12:40 AM   #42
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post

I'd catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya

duh.
On a roll miss, you are on a roll
Old 01-24-2011 at 04:12 AM   #43
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I dunno, I suppose I would bake that person a cake.

But love is kind of a silly concept.
Old 01-24-2011 at 04:34 AM   #44
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
You guys are too serious, if you ask me, you need to lighten up! Life is short.

even if it was vegeta?
Don't be silly. I would give up my life for him.
If only such a man/alienmonkeything existed. D:

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-24-2011 at 12:13 PM   #45
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I wouldn't ask the person I love to put their goals or dreams on hold for me, and I expect they wouldn't ask me to either.