MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fake Extracurricular Activities? Allan General Discussion 20 10-14-2009 08:26 PM
Hillarious video: Fake Shoplifting Chad Computers & Tech 2 11-13-2006 05:37 PM

Fake burberry scarfs

Old 10-12-2010 at 10:38 PM   #16
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I hate fakes...makes people think real items are fake too...like
I would go out in Toronto and some girl will ask me where I got my bag that "looks so real". it IS real you dumb *****... seriously:@
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:42 PM   #17
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Seriously? WHO CARES. Maybe they just genuinely like them and can't afford a real one, it's not necessarily to impress anyone. It is not a big deal. My aunt just spent like $300 on a Coach prse for my sister; in that case it was just because t's a brand name bag. If it wasn't, she wouldn't care. But some people just like the look of them and can't afford a real one. Personally, I don't own anything fake, but I don't own anything real either.

EDIT: That's a lie, actually. I do own Prada glasses and Gucci sunglasses. Real ones. I forgot to mention that because they're on my face LOL.

SilentWalker, temptingf8 like this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:50 PM   #18
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

It definitely appears that I need to learn how to troll better. I thought the 1's and the misspelling of scarves gave it away.

AelyaS, amyshi, BlakeM like this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:59 PM   #19
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

LOL. Nah yo, thanks for that post dude! You and Juve clearly have the same opinion on the matter!
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:10 PM   #20
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
http://us.burberry.com/family/index....9969.44 71680

People that get mad at fake scarves are trying to justify their own stupidity for spending $300 on a piece of nonmagical fabric.
It's a high quality and large cashmere scarf. Not only is it stylish and feels great on your skin, but it will keep you warm. And it will always be in style, with proper care it will last you for the rest of your life (or at least 10 years), so the price tag is easily justifiable.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:12 PM   #21
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
It's a high quality and large cashmere scarf. Not only is it stylish and feels great on your skin, but it will keep you warm. And it will always be in style, with proper care it will last you for the rest of your life (or at least 10 years), so the price tag is easily justifiable.

Feeding people with $300> buying a scarf for $300

In the end, all scarves serve the same purpose: keeping you warm. Some better than others, but it still doesn't obligate you to buy one that's so expensive, for that reason.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:14 PM   #22
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post

In the end, all scarves serve the same purpose: keeping you warm. Some better than others, but it still doesn't obligate you to buy one that's so expensive, for that reason.
Well I'm not going to judge someone for how they choose to spend their money, I'm sure there's stuff you spend your money on which you don't necessarily need and which could go towards feeding people.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:17 PM   #23
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I hate when people use the whole "feeding people" thing to make someone feel like a total ******* for spending money on luxury things. grow up. There will always be sweatshops and poverty and hunger...$300 won't help

Quote:

Old 10-12-2010 at 11:20 PM   #24
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Well I'm not going to judge someone for how they choose to spend their money, I'm sure there's stuff you spend your money on which you don't necessarily need and which could go towards feeding people.
Sometimes product quality is reflected in the price, in which case I suppose it's okay to spend the money. This only works for certain things. But the point is to spend wisely, not just buy it because it's Burberry. Because it being Burberry doesn't mean anything. It's just a pattern that's been branded.

You can still buy excellent scarves for much, much less.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:23 PM   #25
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
I hate when people use the whole "feeding people" thing to make someone feel like a total ******* for spending money on luxury things. grow up. There will always be sweatshops and poverty and hunger...$300 won't help

I hate it when people don't attempt to examine their spending habits as consumers and use the whole "poverty and sweatshops will always exist" argument to keep buying expensive things.

$300 does help. Grow up.

birko likes this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:27 PM   #26
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

i hate when other people examine other people's spending habits.

srsly who gives a f(|<

Desda likes this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:30 PM   #27
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
i hate when other people examine other people's spending habits.

srsly who gives a f(|<

h8rs gonna h8
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:32 PM   #28
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Sometimes product quality is reflected in the price, in which case I suppose it's okay to spend the money. This only works for certain things. But the point is to spend wisely, not just buy it because it's Burberry. Because it being Burberry doesn't mean anything. It's just a pattern that's been branded.

You can still buy excellent scarves for much, much less.
You're not paying for the brand though, you're paying for quality. I'd like to see another scarf of that size and made of cashmere for less than $300, they all hover around that price.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:32 PM   #29
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

Old 10-12-2010 at 11:33 PM   #30
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
Your signiture indicates that you have an economics minor. I guess you did not pay attention in those classes. The MDG-millenium development goals had stated that by 2015 we would be able to reduce hunger and poverty in half by having selected Countries allocate about 1.8% of there GDP to reducing poverty and hunger. Unfortunately we seem to be more concerned with who has the fastest cars, biggest houses and the most wealth, then reducing poverty and hunger