MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1 st YEAR LIFE SCIENCE STUDENT ;D shavaiz Introduce Yourself 5 08-23-2011 04:26 PM
Prospective Life Science student LandLBoy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-11-2011 11:42 AM
HSR Bus Pass - Student Feedback Needed McIntyre MacInsiders Announcements 39 11-20-2010 08:34 PM
Med Phyis 1E03 needed for Life Science mcmastergcdb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 01-01-2010 03:21 PM

Feedback Needed For Term 1 Of A Life Science Student

Old 08-09-2011 at 08:22 PM   #1
StephStudies

Liked: 1 Time

Feedback Needed For Term 1 Of A Life Science Student
Hey! I am going to be a first year in Life Sciences and I am a bit worried about my 1st term schedule. It would be great if anyone could give me feedback and tell me which schedule they think would be easier to deal with.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...erm1type1.png/
Here is my first one, which is totally different from the original one they gave me.
*Just as a side question, is it a hassle to change the time of the courses you already have?
My math teacher for my tutorials and classes are totally different from each other and I was just curious to know if that was alright? Plus, there's also an option for a tutorial where there's no name stated in its details so does that mean a TA will be in there?

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2537/term1type2.png
Here is my second one, which is very similar to the original schedule they gave me. The only thing I changed was the timing for my HLTH AGE tutorial.
The only thing I am worried about for this schedule is Thursday. I have 10minutes to run from Chester New Hall to A.N. Bourns Science Building to attend a lab and I am not sure if that is enough time because on a map it looks like a huge distance. So, it would be great if someone could tell me how long it takes to walk there.

I know I am asking for a lot, but some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2011 at 08:31 PM   #2
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Both schedules look fine to me, but personally I would go with the second one because I like my days to end early so I have plenty of time to do whatever I want.

Changing the time of your courses could be a hassle depending on how popular the course is and how many things you want to change, but try your luck tomorrow.
Having a different prof for your lecture and tutorials isn't necessarily a bad thing, just depends on who's teaching. I know a lot of people who took 1LS3 last year and had Lovric for lectures and the other prof for tutorials, but because that other prof wasn't the best, they didn't really like having two different teachers.

Ten minutes is plenty of time to get from CNH to ABB, but it might be a hassle to get prepared for a lab, so that's up to you

StephStudies says thanks to MichaelScarn for this post.