MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
When is Deferred Exam Grade Release? islytt Academics 1 06-24-2010 07:09 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Where to find "unique" beauty products?

Old 11-16-2010 at 10:59 PM   #16
Jessicaaaa

Liked: 42 Times

i think sephora has some pretty good makeup gift items.
The sephora brand itself has a lot of gift options like http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...aginate=tr ue which i would NOT mind getting as a gift..

But if you are really intent on getting brand names etc and if you so happen to live near the states- the Duty free shops carry a tonne of brand name makeup like Dior, etc for reduced prices..
Old 11-17-2010 at 01:03 AM   #17
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

Ok so you can get NYX stuff at a good price point. They often pop up at zellers around the holidays. QUO makes nice palettes at shoppers but they normally run ~$45. If you feel like heading to a sephora they normally have some cool stuff again a little bit more expensive; the sephora brand stuff can be a good deal if the gift recipient does not have sensitive skin. Winners can also have some great stuff but you have to visit often to find it. (check best before and actual % off - they are not always a good deal). Mark or avon always has some cute stuff (pm me if you need a rep i can refer you to one) and they are normally a really good price.

In a different direction you could get them a reusable palette like the Unii (my all time fave) or the Z-palette) and depot a few things in it. Annabelle sells really nice singles and the pans often go on sale for $3.

Ok I attempted to be helpful. Good luck with your x-mas shopping.
Old 11-17-2010 at 02:37 AM   #18
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Sephora also carries a lot of name brand stuff and they most likely have them in christmas packages for people. they also have perfume sets that are name brand or cheaper. They have a pretty wide range (price wise I mean) or items.

Old 11-19-2010 at 12:41 PM   #19
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I got the Dior Clutch thing and also a lipgloss cube/keychain from Dior at Holt Renfrew.. they have lots of different beauty gifts.

If you're interested in cheaper alternatives, try Yves Rocher or Guerlain...
Sometimes Asos.com had cute beauty accessories, definitely check it out. they have free shipping at the moment for a week or 2.
Old 11-19-2010 at 04:53 PM   #20
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Thanks for all the tips guys! I found another good website, if anyone is interested:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/?origin=tab-logo

Especially their Holiday Gift Guide. Some of the stuff is priced pretty good!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/holiday-...&origin=bd lp