MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering and Management impossible? KuNFuZeD Academics 16 02-10-2013 08:00 PM
Management and Engineering Briere First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-10-2012 07:08 PM
Engineering and Management doubt ?? ankuruppal Academics 17 07-07-2010 10:43 PM
Engineering Management hork0 Academics 2 01-27-2010 07:06 PM

Finish engineering and management in 4 years?

Old 08-30-2012 at 08:12 AM   #1
incarnation

Liked: 0 Times

Finish engineering and management in 4 years?
I am just wondering if I can finish the engineering management program in 4 years since it's a 5 year program.

Just wondering if people can take all the engineering courses in the fall/winder term and all the commerce courses in the summer term. And I notice that some 3rd,4th year commerce courses are not offered during the summer which make it seems impossible to finish the program in 4 years.

I wonder if there are actually people had done that before.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2012 at 08:18 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Are your Engineering courses offered in the summer? Instead of doing the Engineering courses in the fall/winter term and Commerce in the summer, switch it around? That is, if you really wanted to finish your degree in 4 years.

incarnation says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 08-30-2012 at 08:57 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I haven't heard of it being done, but if certain commerce courses are offered at another school (even engineering) its worth a shot. The courses that are accepted from other schools are listed here.

incarnation says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 08-30-2012 at 10:14 AM   #4
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

You cant, you wont be able to take 12 courses in all summers over 4 years... so no.

Not to mention that 99.99% of the courses are not offered in summer, due to small amount of students.

incarnation says thanks to AngryBean for this post.
Old 08-30-2012 at 01:32 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I highly doubt you could, mostly cause most courses are not offered in the summer and since the Capstone project as well as other management course may interfere if you tried to compress the scheudle
Old 08-30-2012 at 03:53 PM   #6
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

You can't. Also: Why? You're too young to be taken seriously after 4 years of school. What most people don't seem to get, is that your time in school also makes you a more mature, responsible, and critical person. If you want the extra responsibility and expectation that comes from an Engineering and Management degree, you wouldn't get it from an employer after 4 years, at the age of 22 or 23.