MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 courses in one semester m0nica Academics 6 10-07-2010 12:54 PM
First Week, Second Semester Smanohar First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-30-2010 10:52 AM
Join Mac second semester bangbang General Discussion 5 10-23-2009 07:12 PM
Do Medical Schools care if I took 4 courses first semester, 5 courses 2nd semester... Arnold General Discussion 6 07-17-2009 03:30 PM
First Semester Marks! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 01-07-2008 10:08 AM

first semester help

Old 12-17-2010 at 10:35 AM   #1
zzman

Liked: 0 Times

first semester help
To be eligible for a Level II Engineering program, a student must successfully complete all non-elective Level I courses with an overall Cumulative Average (CA) of 4.0 or greater. To help students who may have had academic difficulty during the year, the Faculty of Engineering has a remedial studies plan (called the M-Opportunity) that provides the opportunity to repeat failed courses in second term and/or in the summer. The results of these M-Opportunity courses are used to calculate a new CA (failed courses are still counted in the CA).

can someone explain this to me? lets say i had a horrible first semester, and i take 2 courses over spring term. how does my average work?
Old 12-17-2010 at 10:54 AM   #2
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

every mark you take gets included into your Cumulative average, if you repeat a course the average of both marks is taken.
Old 12-23-2010 at 01:54 PM   #3
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Can you guys please stop ****ing making threads about getting into Eng 2, All the info is on the faculty website that's why everyone can answer that ****ing question

Mahratta likes this.