MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flex Plan OSAP: Initial payment due by Sep. 15 or Sep. 30? hogwarts Financial Aid 1 09-15-2013 06:26 AM
Can't select "Flex Plan - OSAP" in Payment Agreement? biochem92 General Discussion 3 06-26-2013 09:28 AM
Payment in Full vs OSAP Flex Plan Panda2016 Financial Aid 5 08-03-2012 12:14 PM
Summer Flex Plan Payment Option Ish001 Financial Aid 1 04-23-2012 07:12 PM
What should I pay? (Payment Agreement: Flex Plan - OSAP) SilentWalker Financial Aid 5 08-31-2010 10:41 PM

Flex Plan - OSAP (Payment Agreement)

Old 06-25-2014 at 12:31 PM   #1
lisar96

Liked: 4 Times

Flex Plan - OSAP (Payment Agreement)
Can someone explain a little bit more about the Flex Plan - OSAP payment agreement and how it works? I'm a little confused.
Would the best option be 'Payment in Full' and have my parents pay for everything and then pay my parents back with the OSAP money I receive? I want to avoid any additional fee or interest charges.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2014 at 01:08 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Payment in full ensures 0 interest. You would pay it all in full with your/parent's money and wait for osap to deposit money into your bank

lisar96 says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 06-25-2014 at 04:07 PM   #3
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Flex Plan - OSAP means that 60% percent of the money you're getting from OSAP will be paid in September and then 40% of the remaining loan will be paid in January. Before OSAP will do it automatically for you by paying it through your student account. Now, the money given to you by OSAP will be deposited into your bank account and you will have to pay it yourself.

lisar96 says thanks to akikokoyoki for this post.
Old 06-25-2014 at 05:09 PM   #4
Nirmani

Liked: 0 Times

I still haven't received my OSAP for the summer term. Does anyone know when OSAP for summer session 2 will be released?
Old 06-25-2014 at 08:37 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisar96 View Post
Can someone explain a little bit more about the Flex Plan - OSAP payment agreement and how it works? I'm a little confused.
Would the best option be 'Payment in Full' and have my parents pay for everything and then pay my parents back with the OSAP money I receive? I want to avoid any additional fee or interest charges.
Thanks in advance!
The ONLY plan that doesn't involve interest is payment in full, so if your parents are willing/able to loan you the money interest-free until January, that's the best option.

The other plans still involve interest, but you avoid late fees and being considered "balance outstanding", which would mean that you won't get grades or transcripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirmani View Post
I still haven't received my OSAP for the summer term. Does anyone know when OSAP for summer session 2 will be released?
This is sort of off-topic, but check online to see when your release date is, and then give it a few business days after that.

lisar96 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 06-25-2014 at 09:06 PM   #6
Phoneup

Liked: 43 Times

Test Test Test Test Teststest
Old 06-25-2014 at 09:16 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneup View Post
Test Test Test Test Teststest
I can see your posts...even in the other thread where you posted three times
Old 06-26-2014 at 11:48 AM   #8
lisar96

Liked: 4 Times

Thanks guys!
On OSAP I chose the option that allows me to have the funds directly sent to McMaster. Is there a way to change that, so that I get the money in my bank account instead?
I think I'll just get my parents to pay it and then pay them back with the OSAP funds.
Old 06-26-2014 at 07:55 PM   #9
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

OSAP won't send the money directly to McMaster any more. I don't know why that's still an option on there but they stopped doing that last year or the year before. It'll go to your bank account around the first of September (as long as you have all of your paperwork in before the mid-July deadline).

lisar96 says thanks to ashleighp for this post.