MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PSYCH 3FF3 - Forensic Psychology? oxelhs Academics 5 05-07-2012 11:00 PM
Bichem 3H03 vs. MolBio 3CC3 (formerly bio 3cc3) kipa Academics 0 01-05-2012 05:53 PM
Is there a forensic science program or class? IWannaGohere Academics 5 01-30-2011 05:46 PM
Pysch 3CC3 Forensic Psych review? Anaam Academics 4 01-06-2011 05:54 PM

Forensic Psychology 3CC3 Full

Old 07-12-2012 at 10:25 AM   #16
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingy View Post
Thanks for the replies! I didn't know there would be a waiting list for this course or if I was allowed to ask for a seat because this is not one of my required courses so I didn't email the undergraduate advisor. I emailed her yesterday and I guess it was kind of late seeing that I got a reply back saying that I would be put on the waiting list however, I shouldn't count on getting in because the list is already so long. Hmmmmmmmm.... Well let's just hope for the best.

Ahhh, I got that reply as well. Hopefully enough seats clear to let us take it, though!
Old 07-12-2012 at 02:42 PM   #17
omgmt

Liked: 21 Times

You never know. With such high demand for the course they could bring in another core section. That's what they did last year for Math 1B03.

Good luck !
Old 07-12-2012 at 03:13 PM   #18
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmt View Post
You never know. With such high demand for the course they could bring in another core section. That's what they did last year for Math 1B03.

Good luck !
Seeing as Dr. Day is already teaching 3 courses in term 1 and 4 in term 2, which is quite a lot compared to most professors, I doubt they'll add another core. With Math 1B03, they had several professors who could teach the course, but forensic psychology seems very specific and it's unlikely that there are other staff knowledgable enough in the area to teach a course on it.
Old 07-12-2012 at 03:19 PM   #19
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mike View Post
Seeing as Dr. Day is already teaching 3 courses in term 1 and 4 in term 2, which is quite a lot compared to most professors, I doubt they'll add another core. With Math 1B03, they had several professors who could teach the course, but forensic psychology seems very specific and it's unlikely that there are other staff knowledgable enough in the area to teach a course on it.

Thats exactly what I was going to post. Unless Dr Day teaches another professor the material over the summer its highly unlikely.
Old 01-04-2013 at 03:02 AM   #20
sCat31

Liked: 0 Times

Dr. Day has told me that he will be making the course for both terms starting next year I believe, so that's good news for anyone who's still here then?

And just email the advisor asap when you're interested, as that's how I was able to get a spot despite solar being stupid. Of course a little late for that now, but for future reference at least..