MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe to sleep over in the student centre? xxsumz General Discussion 34 05-12-2010 05:11 PM
Student Centre Hours Goce General Discussion 4 11-24-2009 08:24 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM
Student Centre Changes Matt Wright General Discussion 36 03-29-2009 07:52 PM
What's the name of the photo studio at student centre mimi General Discussion 2 01-17-2008 12:56 PM

FOUND: IPOD in 2nd Floor student centre

Old 12-16-2009 at 01:42 AM   #1
raheelak

Liked: 0 Times

FOUND: IPOD in 2nd Floor student centre
I found an iPod in student centre second floor (in the sofas, near the main two eleveators)

Please describe the type of iPod, and the name that is assigned in the iPod

Kevin S, manu, micadjems, Mowicz, RyanC, xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to raheelak for this post.
Old 12-16-2009 at 01:51 AM   #2
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

I think u should hand it ovr to COMPASS if noone comes to get it back..I had found iphone in one of the washroom's 2 weeks back and did the same. And someone happily took it back from there.

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-16-2009 at 06:46 AM   #3
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

bitches don't know about my finder's keepers

Taunton likes this.
Old 12-16-2009 at 08:26 AM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Thanks for not keeping it
Old 12-16-2009 at 10:08 AM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Thanks for not keeping it
I second that thank you
Old 12-16-2009 at 11:32 AM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I think the chances that it belongs to someone on Macinsiders are slim...

Regardless, it's honourable that you're trying to return it, and if it was my iPod I'd appreciate it very much. You'd probably have better luck giving it to either Compass, or the MSU lost and found.
Old 12-16-2009 at 11:59 AM   #7
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

If its an Ipod touch turn it on and see if you can get a name of there or something.
Old 12-16-2009 at 12:14 PM   #8
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
If its an Ipod touch turn it on and see if you can get a name of there or something.
he wrote that their is a name attached to the ipod.

anyways, OP has several options on what to do.
I think OP should keep it. Teaches people not to lose their shit. By giving it back, the person probably won't learn.
It's finder's keepers, not finder's spend hours trying to find the person to give it back to. or finder's give it to the lost and found who will probably keep it for themselves if no one tries to claim it.

if OP really wants to find the person and not just send it to lost and found at compass, he should hook it up to his computer. If the person used the itunes store to buy something, then the ipod is assigned to a certain username/email address I think. Just email them.

Mowicz says thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.
Old 12-16-2009 at 12:26 PM   #9
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

That's an awesome idea...check iTunes. (:
Old 12-16-2009 at 10:22 PM   #10
hellohello

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
he wrote that their is a name attached to the ipod.

anyways, OP has several options on what to do.
I think OP should keep it. Teaches people not to lose their shit. By giving it back, the person probably won't learn.
It's finder's keepers, not finder's spend hours trying to find the person to give it back to. or finder's give it to the lost and found who will probably keep it for themselves if no one tries to claim it.
WTF? I guess you only lose stuff on purpose. And you don't appreciate the people who give whatever you lost back to you.
I commend the OP for trying to find the owner, that's very nice of you, and I'm sure if /I/ lost my $200 iPod, I would want it back and would be feeling pretty shitty right now.

I've given back valuable things before, and have lost valuable things returned to me before. NOT getting those items back would not have taught anybody a lesson.

You need to go back to kindergarten and learn some etiquette.

manu, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 12-16-2009 at 10:39 PM   #11
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohello View Post
WTF? I guess you only lose stuff on purpose. And you don't appreciate the people who give whatever you lost back to you.
I commend the OP for trying to find the owner, that's very nice of you, and I'm sure if /I/ lost my $200 iPod, I would want it back and would be feeling pretty shitty right now.

I've given back valuable things before, and have lost valuable things returned to me before. NOT getting those items back would not have taught anybody a lesson.

You need to go back to kindergarten and learn some etiquette.
thats true, but it would be difficult with an ipod. i've returned a blackberry before but i just had to make a couple of calls on the persons contact list. with an ipod its hard to verify whoever claims it, and even harder to find the owner(especially in a very public place like the student centre).
Old 12-16-2009 at 11:17 PM   #12
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

I'm very glad you're not keeping it for yourself and trying to return it.
Good job, I thank you for that.
Unlike SOME people who believe in "finders keepers, loser's weepers"

What are we, 5? :S

Old 12-17-2009 at 01:23 AM   #13
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
That's an awesome idea...check iTunes. (:
Im not sure about other iPods, but if it's a Touch, he doesnt even need to check iTunes. It's all in the settings on the iPod itself (Settings>Store, or Settings>Mail, depending on what they have set up). As long as they've put the info on the iPod, it's accessible there.
Old 12-17-2009 at 02:21 AM   #14
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
I'm very glad you're not keeping it for yourself and trying to return it.
Good job, I thank you for that.
Unlike SOME people who believe in "finders keepers, loser's weepers"

What are we, 5? :S
Finder's keepers is actually Capitalist brainwashing/manipulation of children into opportunistic agents of the Capitalist Rat race and consumerism according to one conspiracy theory.

On the other side legal theory says that the losers are the true owners of a loot

http://epublications.bond.ed u.au/law_pubs/78/ A truly riveting read!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13