MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fourth Year Political Science alley.xo Academics 1 03-09-2012 11:03 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Double room in fourth year??? WavyOne Residence & Housing 6 06-23-2010 07:53 PM
For Fourth Years -- Graduation Information lorend Academics 0 01-01-2008 07:30 PM

Fourth years in a third year class

Old 06-04-2012 at 04:53 PM   #1
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

Fourth years in a third year class
Does anyone know if there is a third year course being offered, whether the priority goes to the third years or the fourth years? I'm worried that all my life sci/psych classes will be full before I get to them .
Old 06-04-2012 at 05:10 PM   #2
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

you get to get register as a 3rd or 4th year earlier for precisely that reason
Old 06-04-2012 at 05:38 PM   #3
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a third year course being offered, whether the priority goes to the third years or the fourth years? I'm worried that all my life sci/psych classes will be full before I get to them .
I think 3rd and 4th years are treated equally since there's not that many 4th year courses anyways. We get first pick this year.
Old 06-04-2012 at 05:42 PM   #4
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

greaaaat so im probably going to get none of the courses i want .. as always
Old 06-04-2012 at 07:42 PM   #5
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Sometimes there are spots allocated so that it doesn't fill up, but I dont know how you would know that. My friend got onto Solar this morning at 830 (very first group of people to enter) and she said Media 1B03 is full (as usual), but i dont think that means no 1st years will get that course, i think the non-first year allocated spots are full now. (Damn)
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:42 PM   #6
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

There are definetly spots allocated to each year. There are also spots allocated based on your faculty. And if it's a course you need for your degree/program, you can email your faculty for a waiver.