MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
French 1A06 laurastevens 1st Year Course Reviews 73 06-09-2015 02:33 AM
French 1A06 sarahwilkin Academics 0 06-13-2013 04:51 PM
French 1A06/1K06 rlau94 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-25-2012 01:30 PM
French 1a06 shleyaa Academics 12 07-04-2008 06:42 PM

french 1a06

Old 08-15-2013 at 11:09 PM   #1
nicolemcd

Liked: 0 Times

french 1a06
I know this is probably a little bit redundant of a question.. but I am a core french student going into the 1a06 class and im extremely stressed out. In my school, the teachers didn't speak 100% french to us all the time during class, and im worried about going into the class and sitting there with a glassy eyed stare having no idea what is going on. I was wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into the 1a06 class as a core student and tell me about the teachers and their accomodations (if any) to students who are not at the level of immersion students? any response or advice for this course would be much appreciated!
Old 08-15-2013 at 11:15 PM   #2
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

I came from core French too, and was also very stressed out about it. But I was just fine! I understood everything that the profs were saying. They speak relatively slowly, and they are more than happy to stop and explain a word or phrase if you don't understand.

I was concerned that I wasn't fluent enough, so I went to see my prof to talk to her about it, and she actually set me up with a masters student and for $20, we would have conversations for an hour every week. I found that really helpful. All of the French profs I've had so far have been really nice, and very helpful. I doubt you'll struggle understanding, but if you do, don't be afraid to talk to your prof about it!

nicolemcd says thanks to Allana:) for this post.

nicolemcd likes this.
Old 08-15-2013 at 11:36 PM   #3
nicolemcd

thank you so much, i really appreciate that reply, definitley made me feel a little better about it!
Old 08-16-2013 at 08:51 PM   #4
thuks0251

Liked: 10 Times

You PROBABLY don't need a tutor. I found that the tutorials themselves were super helpful, in terms of getting everyone on the same page! Feel free to inbox me if you have any questions!
Old 08-31-2013 at 08:04 PM   #5
RayaneB

Sorry, but when are the tutorials? I mean, my class is the evening one. It runs from 7-10pm (which is a LONG fricken time by the way lol) so would the tutorials be during that time because there wasn't an option for tutorial-choice on SOLAR. :S
Old 09-01-2013 at 06:19 AM   #6
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

When I took the 1A06 night class, the tutorial was 6-7 and then the lecture was 7-10.
Old 09-01-2013 at 12:28 PM   #7
RayaneB

Ohh ok thank you!