MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Physics, Kin, Bio, and Chem Labs justlily First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-20-2011 01:18 AM
Chem 1a03 Labs luna Academics 8 11-03-2010 12:45 AM
CHEM 1A03 Formal Labs? resh.jyoti Academics 1 11-15-2009 07:41 PM
Formatting of first year engineering chem labs? Ownaginatios Academics 1 09-15-2008 08:28 PM
Chem 1A03 Labs on Fri??? zemianr Academics 0 09-14-2008 09:43 PM

Friday Chem Labs

Old 09-08-2011 at 10:43 PM   #1
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

Friday Chem Labs
Is there a reason why people insist on switching out of Friday labs? As in.. is there any kind of disadvantage to having them on Friday or is it just because it's Friday and people want it to be free?

Also I have my chem lab on Friday and bio labs on Thursday (which means they're both later in the week), so should I even bother switching labs with someone or is it fine?

Thank you!
Old 09-08-2011 at 10:53 PM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Is there a reason why people insist on switching out of Friday labs? As in.. is there any kind of disadvantage to having them on Friday or is it just because it's Friday and people want it to be free?

Also I have my chem lab on Friday and bio labs on Thursday (which means they're both later in the week), so should I even bother switching labs with someone or is it fine?

Thank you!
Probably because chem midterms are on fridays.

It doesn't matter too much though. If you prepare properly then 3 hours of studying the day of the test shouldn't affect you anyways.

Last year I had Thursday/Friday labs and they landed on the same week. I wrote a chem midterm during that week and did as well as I did on the other midterm. You just have to prepare in advance for the lack of study-time on those days.

Personally I like labs later in the week because then your friends who have labs earlier can be guinea pigs for you and tell you exactly what to do and what common mistakes to avoid. Still, to each their own.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 09-08-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Christ says thanks to RememberTwce for this post.
Old 09-09-2011 at 08:59 AM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I always had a Friday 8.30 am (YEAH I KNOW) lab. Both terms. It wasn't too bad, though, because then you can enjoy your weekened without the impending doom of a lab.
Old 09-09-2011 at 09:37 AM   #4
bdoubleb

Liked: 1 Time

had friday chem labs in first yr, brutalll