MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini Fridges DonJuan General Discussion 5 08-23-2010 10:37 AM
two fridges, one room dumbconsumer Residence & Housing 12 08-19-2010 12:28 AM
Fridges - Continued goodnews.inc Residence & Housing 28 07-27-2010 01:54 PM
Two mini fridges in a double room (Les Prince)? Ohmz Residence & Housing 3 09-12-2009 04:48 PM
Mini Fridges TheAxtmann Residence & Housing 62 09-01-2009 09:49 PM

Fridges

Old 07-15-2008 at 04:02 PM   #1
spiotrowski

Liked: 0 Times

Fridges
Alright, so I'm in a triple in Moulton in September, and apparently the school isn't offering fridges for the triples anymore.

My question is,

I bought a 3.2 cu. ft. fridge, will that be a good size or will it be too big?

What size fridges do most people buy?

Old 07-15-2008 at 04:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I'm using my brother's 3.2cu. ft. fridge. He went to UofT in a single room and it actually fit, and his room was tiny! Lol, So I'm pretty sure a 3.2cu. ft. fridge will fit in a triple. As for the size, my brother didn't use the entire space so I'm planning to share the fridge with my roommate. I'm in a double by the way.
Old 07-15-2008 at 05:42 PM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Yeah that was the same size as mine in first year. And I cannot believe they are not offering fridges in triples anymore. I wonder if this is the case with quads as well.

Old 07-15-2008 at 10:36 PM   #4
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

I've heard this too, I think I'm going to call the housing department tomorrow just to confirm.
Old 07-15-2008 at 10:49 PM   #5
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Let me know what they say Kayla and I'll make an announcement about it tomorrow.

Old 07-15-2008 at 11:08 PM   #6
Eva C
Elite Member

3.2 cu. ft. fridge is perfect, it can be shared with two people too, unless you have alot of food for yourself. there should be room for it but if you're in a triple maybe you can contact your other roommates to see if they are bringing too. if they are, then your room might just have less spaces and might get hotter from the heat. if you can, talk to your roommates. some people have their contacts shown in the roommate list.

i wonder why no more fridges for triple rooms. that sucks... what did they do with all those fridges from before.. so werid. :(
Old 07-15-2008 at 11:13 PM   #7
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

I split the cost of a rental with my room mate and it was okay, a little squished at times but we made due. Then again it was only two people sharing a fridge, if you have more people I'd suggest another fridge

Old 07-16-2008 at 11:10 PM   #8
KaylaMarie

I called the housing department today but there was no answer...I called the "residence life" extension...I'm not sure if that was even the right place to call. I'm thinking that maybe I'll just email the housing department now because A. it's long distance for me to keep calling and B. I'm not entirely sure which department I should be calling. I'll let you guys know the verdict when/if I get an email response
Old 07-17-2008 at 10:46 AM   #9
KaylaMarie

This is the email I received in response about fridges in bunk/loft rooms:

Hi.

You are correct that there will be no fridge provided. It is definitely
in your best interests to arrange a fridge solution with your roommates
so you can save as much space as possible. You can also rent one when
you come to campus from these people. http://www.coldexrents.com/index.html

Hope this helps

Paul.
Old 07-17-2008 at 02:53 PM   #10
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Lousy deal!

Old 07-17-2008 at 03:18 PM   #11
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

sorry this isn't about fridges but are we allowed to bring microwaves because it is on the site Kayla posted
Old 07-17-2008 at 05:07 PM   #12
spiotrowski

Liked: 0 Times

I don't think you can bring microwaves into traditional dorms, because I remember when I went to [email protected] they said No Microwaves and Toasters because they are a potential fire hazard. You can have it in Bates or Keyes though.
Old 07-17-2008 at 05:10 PM   #13
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

There are microwaves in the common rooms though (I think!). And the beauty of microwaves is that they're so quick, there's never much of a wait time for them, even at lunchtime or prime-popcorn time.
Old 07-17-2008 at 07:25 PM   #14
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

No you cannot bring a microwave into your residence room but there are ones in your common area kicthen along with a toaster, a stove/oven, a fridge and a kettle. You have to take care of these as a floor, the custodians do not clean them.

You can have them in Bates/Keyes because those residences have designated kitchens, I think they're worried about stupid things like putting papers on top of your toaster or the like.

Old 07-17-2008 at 08:41 PM   #15
Eva C
Elite Member

just to clarify. there are no microwaves in BATES! you have to bring your own. they only supply them in keyes. so check with your roommates to bring one.