MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini Fridges DonJuan General Discussion 5 08-23-2010 10:37 AM
two fridges, one room dumbconsumer Residence & Housing 12 08-19-2010 12:28 AM
Fridges - Continued goodnews.inc Residence & Housing 28 07-27-2010 01:54 PM
Two mini fridges in a double room (Les Prince)? Ohmz Residence & Housing 3 09-12-2009 04:48 PM
Mini Fridges TheAxtmann Residence & Housing 62 09-01-2009 09:49 PM

Fridges

Old 07-17-2008 at 10:28 PM   #16
Zohra

Liked: 0 Times

Double fridges
I'm in a double in McKay, is there gonna be a fridge in the room?
Old 07-17-2008 at 10:34 PM   #17
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

No, as far as I know there were never fridges in doubles

This SUCKS though..I literally passes up the opportunity to buy my friend's fridge about a week ago...now I have to buy one at full price. Grrrrr
Old 07-17-2008 at 10:44 PM   #18
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

The school has never supplied a fridge for doubles so no, I'm sorry there won't be one unless you order it seperately.

Kayla is there no way you can buy the friends fridge still?

Old 07-21-2008 at 12:54 PM   #19
Mel

Liked: 0 Times

I'm thinking of renting a coldex fridge through the school. for 3 people, is the 33" countertop fridge enough? that's the biggest one they offer...
Old 07-21-2008 at 02:03 PM   #20
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Re: toasters- you dont really need one since Commons can toast bread for you if you needed it

Re: fridges- there's a fridge in the kitchen-- its kinda sketch. You can always buy a fridge on your own without renting from the school. I didn't have a fridge during first year and I only asked my roommate to use hers once. It's not meant to be like your fridge at home it's meant for short-term use like you're saving your cold lunch to eat at dinner or something.
Old 07-21-2008 at 03:52 PM   #21
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

In first year I bought a 3.2 foot one (whatever the standard mini fridge is) from Walmart for like $99 I think. You'll see them go on sale in various stores as the school year approaches so wait it out and you'll get a good deal.

I found my fridge to be invaluable because I bought a lot of groceries at the Barn. Treking all the way from Wallingford to Commons or the Student Centre for fresh fruit was such a pain I found it easier (and cheaper) to buy some stuff and store in my fridge. You'll wanna have food on hand for all night study/essay finishing sessions as well.

Also if you burn through meal plan dollars like I did, you'll want to have a fridge to store drinks and breakfast stuff which will save you some money.

My big issue was lugging the stupid fridge back downstairs during move out. I almost wish I would have just rented it, because they deliver and pick up the fridge for you. The rented fridges kinda suck though... some are kinda nasty.

That really sucks they aren't including a fridge for the triples anymore!