MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need friends Fabiha Introduce Yourself 1 01-08-2018 08:35 PM
hi friends Homeschooling Introduce Yourself 2 05-10-2013 09:28 PM
Friends jeboi7 Movies & Television 11 09-30-2011 06:04 AM
Guy Friends/Girl Friends lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 101 10-18-2010 09:01 PM
You Have 0 Friends syan9184 Movies & Television 18 04-17-2010 08:51 PM

Friends

Old 02-26-2018 at 06:52 PM   #1
ikhan

Liked: 0 Times

Friends
Hi, I started my degree in Winter so didn't get the chance to meet people on orientation. I live off campus so finding it difficult to make new friends.
Old 03-16-2018 at 09:41 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hi Ikhan

Welcome to McMaster, and MacInsiders!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble meeting and networking with new people. Definitely check out the McMaster Facebook group for your class, so you can find others in your academic year.

Then look at joining a student club. There are lots of clubs you can join. It's the easiest way to meet new people. When I was at Mac, I met dozens of new friends through clubs and extra-curriculars.

Here are all the clubs you can join:
https://www.msumcmaster.ca/clubs-directory

Also look into joining Maroons or SOCS. Great groups to be a part of.

Also look into volunteering for the CLAY and HORIZONS conferences run by the MSU.
Old 4 Weeks Ago at 04:13 PM   #3
JudithJohnson

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikhan View Post
Hi, I started my degree in Winter so didn't get the chance to meet people on orientation. I live off campus so finding it difficult to make new friends.
I think that making friends is not the first thing about which you have to cope!
But making friends is important for all new students !
So I advice all to make friends quickly!