MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frost Week Fun with the IRC! dimoxyel MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-03-2010 06:22 PM
Frost Week joannasmith Residence & Housing 12 12-26-2009 12:30 AM
Frost Week!! lorend General Discussion 3 01-07-2008 09:30 PM
Frost Week on it's way! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-27-2007 02:39 AM

Frost Week Discussion

Old 12-10-2010 at 10:39 AM   #16
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
It was the campus night club back in the day before quarters
That's really, really unfortunate... but I wished they served beer at Bridges like they do at Williams, that would be so chill.
Old 12-10-2010 at 01:52 PM   #17
comte

Liked: 16 Times

DeadMau!!!!!!

Oooooooooh, or if you can get someone like Gareth Emery, Lange, Tritonal or even Super8 & Tab; it'd make history, seriously!
Old 12-10-2010 at 01:56 PM   #18
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
I was strongly implying that it is NOT at 1280. It is, however, on Campus... let your imagination run wild.
For some reason, I really like the idea of having an event in the MDCL atrium. It seems like it'd be a neat mix of peaceful serenity and chaotic entropy. As long as no one throws up in the fountain.
Old 12-10-2010 at 02:06 PM   #19
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

This intrigues me. I can't imagine anywhere other than Twelve-Eighty where they would allow drinking on campus. (Other than the Phoenix, but that venue seems to small for what you are describing.)

Either way, you have all made us expect somehting epic now, so you had best not dissapoint

Btw do you work for campus events or something giving you this inside information?
Old 12-10-2010 at 02:19 PM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
That's really, really unfortunate... but I wished they served beer at Bridges like they do at Williams, that would be so chill.
From what I hear, people actually enjoyed Bridges as the campus pub.

(or maybe that's just in comparison to 1280. ;D)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-10-2010 at 02:36 PM   #21
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Shush, you.

Old 12-10-2010 at 02:37 PM   #22
bcars
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
Btw do you work for campus events or something giving you this inside information?
Yes I do. But it apparently disappeared from my signature, I'll have to put that back in...

@Comte: I thought I hinted strongly enough in my opening post that it will NOT be Deadmau5. You have no idea how much it would cost the school to host him, as amazing as his act is. Especially since he's not touring in the country at the moment, and his price skyrocketed after being named the #4 DJ in the world about a month ago. Which, by the way, makes me proud as a Canadian
Old 12-10-2010 at 02:52 PM   #23
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Ugh, deadmau5.....

I can't wait for this mystical event though bcars, it shall be epic
Old 12-10-2010 at 03:19 PM   #24
bcars
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
Ugh, deadmau5.....

I can't wait for this mystical event though bcars, it shall be epic
It's only as epic as the lighting allows, buszaj...
Old 12-10-2010 at 03:25 PM   #25
Buszaj

Quote:
It's only as epic as the lighting allows, buszaj...
Lol. I shall do my best!
Old 12-10-2010 at 03:35 PM   #26
MacEng

My guess would be the Sports Hall in DBAC, just like in high school.
I'm sure its possible to get a liquor licence for that venue.
Old 01-04-2011
mr.limes
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-11-2011 at 07:58 PM   #27
MacEng

Quote:
Yo MacInsiders! Good luck on your exams and all that jazz... but don't forget that first week back is the all important Frost Week. Like Frosh Week, but colder. I can't tell you quite yet exactly what's going on for Frost Week.... but I'm pretty excited so you should be too.

However.... during Frost Week or some time in January at latest you can expect a HUGE club night. Unlike anything you've ever been a part of at Mac. You can PROBABLY (like 99.9%, nothing is ever 100%) expect to have a big name DJ come and spin for us. Not like some B-class local guy, we're talking a big name DJ that specializes in the crazy party scene.

And also... this club night is so big that it might not be where you expect it to be... that's all I can say.

I'm so freakin pumped for this. There's some other cool events going on too.

Don't discount Hess Village though, there will be some pretty wicked club nights there all week. Just keep Frost Week in mind because we're gonna try and outdo Hess

We're gonna satisfy the people who have been screaming all year for a wicked club night ever since Western blew nearly their entire entertainment budget on Deadmau5. We're gonna show Western how a real ****ing school parties.
Quote:
I was strongly implying that it is NOT at 1280. It is, however, on Campus... let your imagination run wild.
So what was this event?
Old 01-11-2011 at 08:20 PM   #28
Buszaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEng View Post
So what was this event?
It's been bumped to another date. Still secret though!

MacEng says thanks to Buszaj for this post.