MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Print Shop JBeans General Discussion 1 04-26-2011 10:23 AM
MMT presents: Little Shop of Horrors temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-19-2010 02:18 PM
Need a good tat shop reeves General Discussion 15 09-04-2009 01:26 PM

future shop problem

Old 01-26-2013 at 09:26 PM   #16
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Just buy from the manufacturer itself. Other good resellers I've bought from included tiger direct+canada comp. And as someone above said, never buy extra warranty, chances are you won't need it.

Ponyo says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

jim1 likes this.
Old 01-26-2013 at 09:37 PM   #17
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Just buy from the manufacturer itself
That's a good point..i was thinking of getting mine online from the company's website but because i needed it quickly i had to buy it from the store directly (future shop :| ).

As some people already mentioned, just go to another branch of future shop..don't waste your time with people like him! All the best.

Ponyo says thanks to jim1 for this post.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 01-26-2013 at 09:47 PM   #18
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

lesson learned !
thanks for the advice guys
PS: so many engineers here, i guess b/c this is a computer/tech section
Old 01-26-2013 at 10:47 PM   #19
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Option 1
Go up on the chain of command, find the manager's manager, if not, call head office in Vancouver. Make sure to tell the HQ about the manager's shitty attitude.. (free with google voice)

Option 2
Read the fine prints of the warranty. Know what you are talking about. And if manager comes up with the same bullshit again, ask him where does it say on the warranty you cant load up your computer with files, which is what a computer is for. Than proceed to drop kick him on the forehead for being a dick hammer. (last part optional)

Option 3 (Hardest but most entertaining)
Get your self a friend that knows how to argue, and how can go down lower than the manager, and argue with him all day about the warranty.

option 4
Call lenovo and sort this out with lenovo and avoid fs all together

Ponyo says thanks to biglandfarm for this post.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 01-26-2013 at 11:41 PM   #20
Ponyo

i like options 2 & 3
Old 01-28-2013 at 08:01 AM   #21
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

wow! Go back to that future shop and ask to speak to the store manager and then tell him about the actions of the manager! That is ridiculous. The Store Managers are usually really nice and know how to deal with people. The manager will probably try to say he is not available but you have to insist, some of these managers can be aholes. If your not the one to argue, take someone else with you, I am sure anyone who replied to this tread would actually love this opportunity

If you bought a 3-year warranty, that speaker should be fixed with no problem what so ever. Dont let the manager take advantage like that.

Ponyo says thanks to Crzyrio for this post.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 01-30-2013 at 09:23 PM   #22
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
wow! Go back to that future shop and ask to speak to the store manager and then tell him about the actions of the manager! That is ridiculous. The Store Managers are usually really nice and know how to deal with people. The manager will probably try to say he is not available but you have to insist, some of these managers can be aholes. If your not the one to argue, take someone else with you, I am sure anyone who replied to this tread would actually love this opportunity

If you bought a 3-year warranty, that speaker should be fixed with no problem what so ever. Dont let the manager take advantage like that.
I wouldn't mind all of you guys coming actually especially since more than half of you here are engineers

Entropy, jim1 like this.
Old 01-30-2013 at 10:03 PM   #23
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
I wouldn't mind all of you guys coming actually especially since more than half of you here are engineers
i see potential for a MI meet n greet

jim1, Ponyo like this.
Old 02-02-2013 at 09:29 PM   #24
Ponyo

funny update: i called lenovo and the guy got in to my laptop and fixed the speakers, but i cant hear anything through my headphones now. The sound comes directly from the speakers XD he said i can send it in to get fixed
Old 02-03-2013 at 12:02 AM   #25
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

Even if you've gotten your laptop fixed, please report that manager. That's no way to treat a customer. He shouldn't have made you waste your time going to them and not getting the service they are responsible for providing. I'm sure the higher ups care about knowing about the people they pay that may be driving customers/revenue away.

Ponyo says thanks to N.Cheng for this post.

jim1, Ponyo like this.
Old 02-03-2013 at 09:31 PM   #26
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cheng View Post
Even if you've gotten your laptop fixed, please report that manager. That's no way to treat a customer. He shouldn't have made you waste your time going to them and not getting the service they are responsible for providing. I'm sure the higher ups care about knowing about the people they pay that may be driving customers/revenue away.
don't you worry i'm planning on taking him down MUAHAHAHA
tehe :p

jim1, N.Cheng like this.