MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inquiry 1SC3 C06 Sept 16th Class Wolf11 Academics 0 09-14-2008 02:48 PM
Volunteer Fair coming Sept 16th Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-08-2008 05:45 PM
16th Annual Volunteer Recognition Night Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-27-2008 10:33 AM
Computer Gaming - Mac Lan Club kevinf General Discussion 11 03-01-2008 03:43 PM

GAMING MAYHEM!!! FREE PLAY 'Til May [email protected] GAMING CENTRE

Old 05-08-2010 at 02:29 AM   #1
Pownz

Liked: 0 Times

GAMING MAYHEM!!! FREE PLAY 'Til May [email protected] GAMING CENTRE
POWNZ is open for business once again! We miss all our gamers and we want you to have the fun you deserve. Until May 16th, everyday that Pownz is open will be free access for ALL visitors. All current Month Passes will be frozen so everyone can enjoy free play!

Friday May 7th: 6pm-12am Free
Saturday May 8th: 4pm-12am Free
Sunday May 9th: 4pm-10pm Free
Wednesday May 12th: 6pm-12am Free
Thursday May 13th: 6pm-12am Free
Friday May 14th: 6pm-12am Free
Saturday May 15th: 4pm-12am Free
Sunday May 16th: 4pm-10pm Free!!!!

We are also working hard to bring Rock Band back to the Centre along with many other services!

307 King St East
Hamilton Ontario
289-396-4290

Super Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Smash Brothers Brawl
Halo 3
and more

Custom built gaming cabinet
16 Xbox 360
3 Nintendo Wii's
and retro systems.

From all of us here at Pownz,

AT HOME IT'S JUST PRACTICE!

Last edited by Pownz : 05-08-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2010 at 07:35 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

What is this, where is it located, and what kind of games is there?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 05-08-2010 at 11:34 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Google?

Never mind, he edited his post
Old 05-08-2010 at 03:05 PM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

It seems like a good idea, I might drop by one day.

I went there a couple times before the big renovation (I'm surprised the rep didn't use their new name, "Pownz E-Sports Centre" in this post), but I was by no means as regular. After the change, it seemed like they were pretty much cutting off all ties with their casual visitors and catering solely to the hardcore gamers out there. While I have nothing against hardcore gamers and I understand the move from a business perspective, it just sort of felt like a slap in the face to those who'd just drop by casually whenever they had time.

Having a free period to try to get fresh blood in the store seems like a good idea though, so maybe I still have a little faith left in them.

From what I've seen, the audience ranges from what you expect when you think of the stereotypical gamer to people who definitely don't look like they belong in a video game centre. The benefit of hanging out with fellow nerds though -- and I don't use that term derogatorily -- is that they're (I should probably say "we're") generally pretty nice people and are willing to help you or teach you anything you'll want to know if you're new.

Edit: any unpleasant imagery was unintentional. If you didn't catch it, don't look for it.

Last edited by Entropy : 05-08-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2010 at 05:22 PM   #5
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

great....when am I moving to Hamilton....May15th -_-

Make it full month >_<