Geography 2HI3 Kathy2 Academics 1 01-25-2011 11:48 AM
The Death of Facebook aviaf Computers & Tech 20 05-18-2010 04:58 PM

Geog 2HI3:Geographies of Death

Old 04-12-2011 at 03:05 PM   #1
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Geog 2HI3:Geographies of Death
Does anyone have this class? How are you studying for the exam?
Old 04-12-2011 at 03:37 PM   #2
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm in this class. I think the exam is going to be pretty basic. I'm just going over the lectures and focusing on the important stuff. For example, in lecture 7, I'm paying attention to the different illnesses in the different countries. I'm guessing the questions will be similar to the "discussion questions".
I only went to 2 lectures all term (literally), and I got 80%+ on the midterm and the assignment. I think as long as you go over the lectures and try to understand the general concepts, you should be fine.
Old 04-12-2011 at 03:38 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

that course....sounds....i nteresting.....death huh, what do u learn
Old 04-12-2011 at 03:55 PM   #4
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I'm in this class. I think the exam is going to be pretty basic. I'm just going over the lectures and focusing on the important stuff. For example, in lecture 7, I'm paying attention to the different illnesses in the different countries. I'm guessing the questions will be similar to the "discussion questions".
I only went to 2 lectures all term (literally), and I got 80%+ on the midterm and the assignment. I think as long as you go over the lectures and try to understand the general concepts, you should be fine.

Did you have Kathryn as your TA? Her powerpoints were helpful for the midterm for me but she didn't post slides for lecture 7-10. I found her slides more helpful than my TA and I was going to e-mail to ask if she was going to post them, but maybe she didn't do them fo lec 7-10:S. If you had her and know if she had powerpoints after the midterm let me know
Old 04-12-2011 at 03:56 PM   #5
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
that course....sounds....i nteresting.....death huh, what do u learn

It's kinda boring after a while and it gets depressing hearing about diseases and death....
Old 04-12-2011 at 04:39 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

No, I didn't have Kathryn. I don't think it would hurt to email her and ask though.
I never even looked at her slides. I just quickly viewed the breast cancer one, and it looks much more difficult/in depth than anything we learned in class or labs.