MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History 2P03/History 2HI3 ardenelva 2nd Year Course Reviews 1 09-13-2011 08:05 PM
Geography 2HI3 Kathy2 Academics 1 01-25-2011 11:48 AM
Bio 1M03 midterm #2 psps Academics 2 11-07-2010 12:44 PM
Geog/Earth Sci 2GG3 midterm Kathy2 Academics 14 10-16-2010 03:54 PM
When do midterm marks get sent in? Daisydawne18 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 03-27-2008 11:49 PM

Geog 2HI3 midterm

Old 02-12-2011 at 07:11 PM   #1
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Geog 2HI3 midterm
Does anyone have ANY information on this? I've only missed 2 lectures (and I don't think the prof said anything then), and my TA hasn't said anything about it. I know the website says there will be 5 questions, but is there any more information than that? I feel so lost studying for this.
Old 02-12-2011 at 09:16 PM   #2
Nate1

Liked: 2 Times

it's actually 4 questions, but yeh I'm in the same boat as you, he didn't really say anything about the midterm that i can recall. My t.a said just to look over the core central themes (so basically each of the five blocks) and then look at the smaller examples in them. But I'm pretty lost also about it, especially with the textbook readings
Old 02-13-2011 at 10:49 AM   #3
Kathy2
Elite Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty nervous about this midterm.. I have no clue what to expect.
Old 02-13-2011 at 10:14 PM   #4
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

yeah this class is kinda weird, but I heard the mid terms havent been hard at all in the past
Old 02-14-2011 at 12:56 AM   #5
AztekEscobar

Liked: 2 Times

Hey, I am also looking to what types of questions will be on the mid term. I think a good place to maybe start would be the discussion questions he posts every lecture... they seem to test our knowledge on important aspects from each lecture. Also maybe some defintions or concepts, like what is medical geography and why is it important to understand?, or maybe explain demographic transition models, maybe causes of death, why are some deaths increased in developing nations, what do we die from...

Hope it helps!
Old 02-14-2011 at 03:57 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

I'm focusing on the discussion questions as well, especially since that's all we ever talked about in the labs. I tried to find previous exams on the library website from this prof but I couldn't find anything. I'm pretty stressed about this one.
Old 02-14-2011 at 04:21 PM   #7
Furgazi

Liked: 22 Times

4-5 short answer questions
You should be able to answer questions based on concepts we've talked about in class (Malthus, Diffusion, Eugenics, Ecology, Causes of Death, etc).
In doing so, you should also be able to provide support for your answer with examples we've talked about in class.
So an example of this would be explaining land use changes and health through the tragedy of the aral sea or explaining how diseases proliferate through the example of SARS