MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geog 2HI3 Exam Help!?! davied Academics 1 12-14-2013 09:58 PM
geog 2rw3? nadinee Academics 2 08-12-2013 04:24 PM
Should I take Geog 1HB3, Geog 1 HA3, or Health Age 1BB3 gabbynelly First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 07-30-2012 09:32 PM

Geog 2rw3 exam

Old 12-14-2013 at 08:23 PM   #1
nadinee

Liked: 16 Times

Geog 2rw3 exam
Hey, so I had a couple questions about the exam. I was looking at the last lecture and it says this
"2 Hour Exam
Designed (approximately) as follows:
~45 minutes as Mid-Term Test #4
~60 minutes as Comprehensive Exam

Format:
Comparable to Mid-Term Tests 1-3: i.e. ~15 MC per chapter (Chapters 9, 10, 11), a couple of short answer questions, and a map or two
Approx. 50 MC (some focusing on specific regions, some comparing regions, etc.), 5-10 short answer questions, and a map or two"

Does this mean its cumulative?? I could not attend the last lecture so if anyone could comment on that it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 12-14-2013 at 11:14 PM   #2
arsh03

Liked: 1 Time

Hey!

So basically the 45 min. to Mid-term 4 is the last 3 regions which we did not get tested on (South Asia, Southeast and Oceania)
The rest of the time which the prof thinks should take us 60 min is comprehensive of ALL 10 regions

The part where he says its comparable to Mid term tests means that the last 3 regions we are tested on which are ch. 9, 10, 11 will be in similar format to our other midterm tests we had

He also mentioned he will do questions where he is comparing one region to another one and we kind have to guess which ones hes talking about, so that will be a fun section

And he also posted a list of all countries/cities (on avenue) which can be on maps which is basically the whole world n yeah

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2013 at 11:44 PM   #3
nadinee

thank you so much! so just to clarify-all multiple choice questions will be comprised of all 10 regions right? by the way have you recieved your term assignment (the final project) mark back yet? cause it said they were supposed to be recieved by friday at 4 pm but I havent gotten my mark yet.
Old 12-14-2013 at 11:51 PM   #4
arsh03

Yea the ones will all regions will be a good mix of everything so multie choice (MC, short answer, maps)

And yeah I got mine and a few friends of mine did as well, may be try emailing him ?
Old 12-15-2013 at 03:25 AM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Hey I understand that you have this course as well. I took this course because I love mercies classes. I didn't have time to collect my tests. I was wondering if you could possible send yours to me if you've collected it? I don't want them scanned or anything special. A picture would be infinitely appreciated
Old 12-15-2013 at 10:38 AM   #6
escape

Liked: 38 Times

how do you guys find this course?
Old 12-15-2013 at 12:40 PM   #7
arsh03

Hey but I actually didn't get to collect the tests because I had a really busy exam sched at the time, sorry :(

My results were horrible anyway so they wouldn't help much lol...
Old 12-15-2013 at 12:41 PM   #8
arsh03

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
how do you guys find this course?
And as for liking the class, I absolutely hate it, too much effort it needed for small tests worth only 10% each. And Merciers teaching style doesn't work for me. But this is only my opinion and I know other people who are doing fairly well so it really depends on what type of classes/prof you prefer

are you taking this class as well?
Old 12-15-2013 at 02:15 PM   #9
nadinee

To be honest I liked it! I know sometimes the tests were kind of difficult, but I guess it depends on if you like the material or not. Im a huge fan of geography so I really enjoyed it. Have you guys read all of the readings for the exam??

ZSimon likes this.
Old 12-15-2013 at 02:25 PM   #10
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadinee View Post
To be honest I liked it! I know sometimes the tests were kind of difficult, but I guess it depends on if you like the material or not. Im a huge fan of geography so I really enjoyed it. Have you guys read all of the readings for the exam??
I have to agree 100%.

Mercier's courses are not easy but you actually learn from them. I took this course to develop a more refined international perspective. I can say that, it has definitely helped and changed my view on the world greatly. It makes me want to visit a lot of the places we talked about.

And no LOL. I still have to read Oceania and one more region. then review everything.

nadinee likes this.