MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gerontology 1A03 Cristina_n13 1st Year Course Reviews 7 06-15-2011 08:22 PM
LF: Gerontology 1A03 and Environmental Science 1A03 Textbooks TLulu Academics 1 01-07-2010 07:10 PM
Dropping Gerontology 1a03??? bubbly First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-04-2010 03:12 PM
Gerontology 1a03 ; help please ~! laiw4 Academics 0 12-04-2009 12:26 AM
gerontology 1a03 maryam17 Academics 4 06-07-2009 09:19 AM

Gerontology 1A03 help!

Old 09-12-2009 at 12:57 PM   #1
xxdeee

Liked: 0 Times

Gerontology 1A03 help!
Okay so here's my situation. I'm taking Gerontology this term and it says Classes are on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. On the first day of classes (thursday) the prof said that Monday classes are cancelled and will not be happening. So, with that being said, I switched one of my term 1 classes to term 2, so that my schedule fits more nicely for me and by switching that course to term 2, I added another course to make the terms even (5classes per term) For the new class, I have a tutorial on Monday, the time that Gerontology was supposed to happen. On my timetable, it now says I have a conflict. Can I just ignore that since I know that Monday classes will not be happening?

p.s: sorry for the longgg story. -.-
Old 09-12-2009 at 01:05 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I think he meant that ONLY this coming monday's class is cancelled =/ E-mail the prof just to be sure though.
Old 09-12-2009 at 01:18 PM   #3
xxdeee

Nope. I was afraid of that too but I remember asking the two people sitting beside me and they as well said it's cancelled for good, cause I also remember the prof saying that Geron is only happening on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If i'm right, does that mean I just ignore the conflict problem that it says on my schedule?
Old 09-12-2009 at 01:43 PM   #4
JY123

Liked: 3 Times

I'm in that class too, I'm pretty sure the monday classes are cancelled for good, so you should be okay.
Old 09-13-2009 at 12:07 AM   #5
xxdeee

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2009 at 01:19 PM   #6
aqsac

How do you sign up for a tutorial? You can't enroll into one on SOLAR.
Old 09-13-2009 at 01:41 PM   #7
xxdeee

I realized that too. I also want to know how to sign up for one.
Maybe there isn't a tutorial? On the Mac Timetable search though, it says there are a few. :S
Old 09-13-2009 at 01:47 PM   #8
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Just something to note:

It may not be the case for your class, but sometimes professors will cancel a lecture slot, but use that time for things like midterms or quizzes. This has happened to me multiple times.

It's a way for professors to give midterms without having to book another room at another time.
Old 09-13-2009 at 03:23 PM   #9
MacLovin

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsac View Post
How do you sign up for a tutorial? You can't enroll into one on SOLAR.
If this course is being run the way it was last year (it sounds like it is), you have to sign up for a tutorial slot on a sign-up sheet on the prof's or TA's door since SOLAR doesn't schedule this class' tutorials - they should have told you in class or on your course outline, but just make sure to verify where it is during your next class.
Also, like Ben said, last year the mid-term was during Monday's class time.
Old 09-13-2009 at 05:16 PM   #10
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

@ MacLovin,

No, the course has been changed since last year. There are now tutorials SEPARATE from the discussions with seniors (if chosen).

@the rest of the thread,

I'm also in that class, and I'm not too sure about the tutorials either. Monday lectures are cancelled for good, but that doesn't mean we might get tutorials/the group discussions scheduled during that time....I'm just guessing that because the prof might assume that everyone must have that slot empty now...not sure though.

Also, you can ignore conflicts on SOLAR. No one will care, as long as it's not causing you trouble.

Oh ..as well, the midterm is scheduled on a Tuesday. So that's not a problem.

Last edited by nh999 : 09-13-2009 at 05:18 PM.

xxdeee says thanks to nh999 for this post.