MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New mcmaster gmail Duncanrob Computers & Tech 7 03-31-2012 03:25 PM
Gmail a go for McMaster! MD-L MacInsiders Announcements 29 12-23-2011 09:56 PM
Integrating McMaster Email on iPhone! KProskos General Discussion 2 04-06-2011 09:09 AM
Stop forwarding mcmaster email to gmail khaotic General Discussion 1 10-22-2009 10:20 PM

how to get mcmaster gmail on iphone

Old 02-27-2012 at 12:37 PM   #1
fatcat

Liked: 34 Times

how to get mcmaster gmail on iphone
was anyone able to get teh mcmaster gmail onto their iphone? I downloaded the gmail app on my iphone and can't sign in with my mcmaster account.
Old 02-27-2012 at 12:39 PM   #2
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Not available for awhile. UTS said they are planning on getting it to work eventually though.
Old 02-29-2012 at 06:23 PM   #3
tepsica

Liked: 0 Times

I suggest forwarding all your received emails from your mcmaster gmail account to your personal gmail account. This way when you open gmail on your iPhone all your emails are in one place. You can even filter the forwarded messages to go to a mcmaster inbox folder if you want. I set this up yesterday and it works awesome.
Old 02-29-2012 at 07:20 PM   #4
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

I still get emails on my iphone . Nothing changed
Old 02-29-2012 at 09:56 PM   #5
chaos5687

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Unfortunately the new SSO system diminishes any possibility of IMAP/POP forwarding. (I am guessing the people working on STMP administration on Mac came to the conclusion that we're not smart enough to log onto gmail on our own )
Meanwhile you can go ahead and forward your emails to a personal account until they come up with a solution for this "issue". Sending emails will still require manual login though :(
Old 03-01-2012 at 12:16 AM   #6
tepsica

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos5687 View Post
Unfortunately the new SSO system diminishes any possibility of IMAP/POP forwarding. (I am guessing the people working on STMP administration on Mac came to the conclusion that we're not smart enough to log onto gmail on our own )
Meanwhile you can go ahead and forward your emails to a personal account until they come up with a solution for this "issue". Sending emails will still require manual login though :(
If you're using Gmail, you can join your McMaster account and your personal account and then you will have the option to send emails from either one, removing the need to log in manually.
Old 03-01-2012 at 07:34 AM   #7
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepsica View Post
If you're using Gmail, you can join your McMaster account and your personal account and then you will have the option to send emails from either one, removing the need to log in manually.
You would still need to use a browser and log in to your other Gmail account. Using a mail client (eg Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail) doesn't work anymore.