MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gmail a go for McMaster! MD-L MacInsiders Announcements 29 12-23-2011 09:56 PM
MUSS to GMail? TheLegacy Computers & Tech 6 02-25-2011 03:02 PM
gmail issues Awesomeness Residence & Housing 2 10-01-2010 10:10 AM
Stop forwarding mcmaster email to gmail khaotic General Discussion 1 10-22-2009 10:20 PM
problems with gmail lorend General Discussion 12 09-14-2009 11:27 AM

New mcmaster gmail

Old 01-01-2012 at 01:17 PM   #1
Duncanrob

Liked: 0 Times

New mcmaster gmail
So our @mcmaster.ca accounts have been transfered to google apps for education/business. When can we expect to access these? Also if we already can did they change our passwords to some sort of default? I got the special mcmaster login from google business but couldn't manage to login.
Old 01-01-2012 at 02:44 PM   #2
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

I didn't even get any emails or anything concerning this. o_O; They already started handing the gmail accounts out?
Old 01-01-2012 at 02:52 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
I didn't even get any emails or anything concerning this. o_O; They already started handing the gmail accounts out?
Its in the testing phase, but it shouldn't be fully implemented until.... reading week(?) from what I heard.

AdelaisAer says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 01-01-2012 at 03:01 PM   #4
mdd1
McMaster Employee

Liked: 7 Times

Gmail for Students
http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/gmailforstudents/

-Mike
Old 01-01-2012 at 05:11 PM   #5
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

any way to get access to the BETA?
Old 01-01-2012 at 08:56 PM   #6
Marooner

Liked: 59 Times

Dear McMaster undergraduate students,
We are delighted to announce that McMaster University is introducing a new email service for undergraduate students, powered by Google Inc. – Google Apps for Education.
McMaster University signed the contract with Google Inc. on December 20, 2011 after undergoing exhaustive negotiations since February 2011. This contract is the first of its kind, as it recognizes Ontario’s privacy laws.
Google Apps for Education at McMaster will include features like 25GB of email storage, Google Calendar and Google Docs. The migration from the existing email system (MUSS) to Google will take place during reading week of 2012.
For more information on the roll out plan and questions around this new service, please visit:
mcmaster.ca/gmailforstudents
Old 03-31-2012 at 08:46 AM   #7
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

hey q.... is anyone having trouble accessing the portal to get into gmail... for me when i go to mugsi, click on student google mail, it directs me to google's mail home page (through which we cant access our student emails.

i also tried going to the login portal on the mcmaster website. when i type in my id and pass it directs me to the google mail home page again and i cant get access to my email from there.

any clues as to whats going on>
Old 03-31-2012 at 03:25 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
hey q.... is anyone having trouble accessing the portal to get into gmail... for me when i go to mugsi, click on student google mail, it directs me to google's mail home page (through which we cant access our student emails.

i also tried going to the login portal on the mcmaster website. when i type in my id and pass it directs me to the google mail home page again and i cant get access to my email from there.

any clues as to whats going on>
When I go from MUGSI, it directs me to my McMaster gmail account (already logged in).

Are you saying that it sends you to the gmail homepage where you aren't logged into any account? If you are logged into your personal account, maybe you can switch account to your McMaster. Click on your email or picture in the top right of the page.