MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Radiation averages? Castiel Academics 8 05-06-2011 10:37 AM
Medical Radiation Sci Help? Joyceyblank First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-24-2011 04:24 PM
Medical Radiation Science twitterbird First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-25-2009 06:00 PM
Medical Radiation Sciences _Luu_ Academics 1 07-07-2009 10:14 PM

Get in to radiation science and medical physic master with radiation therapy bachelo

Old 08-03-2011 at 07:39 PM   #1
maninino

Liked: 0 Times

Get in to radiation science and medical physic master with radiation therapy bachelo
Hi guys,
I checked Mcmaster has got more majors in radiation science and medical physic than other university , now I'm 3rd year of radiation therapy and have 1 more year to get my honours. I don't study in Canada and wanna apply for medical physics or radiobiology for my master degree , my interest in more medical physic but I don't know If I had enough physic courses !!!
I wanna know if anyone has ever applied for master of Radiation science and physics with B.s degree in radiation therapy ?
My GPA is kinda high .. I just wanna know if there is any chance or not ?
Tnx
Old 08-03-2011 at 07:42 PM   #2
Spencer

Liked: 3 Times

I've have looked into Master of medical radiation sciences at uoft. You need to maintain a 77-79% over the final 2 years of school. I don't think McMaster offers a masters in radiation sciences. http://www.radonc.utoronto.c a/futu...s/mhsc-and-msc

maninino says thanks to Spencer for this post.
Old 08-03-2011 at 07:51 PM   #3
maninino

But it has medical physics right?
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/med...-programs.html
and also radiation biology , I checked U of T ! Its kinda hard because i have to have 3 yrs work experience and pass CAMRT exam.
Old 08-03-2011 at 07:55 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninino View Post
But it has medical physics right?
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/med...-programs.html
and also radiation biology , I checked U of T ! Its kinda hard because i have to have 3 yrs work experience and pass CAMRT exam.
Yeah, they have a radiation sciences w/ medical physics degree. I don't know if anyone here would know about it though. This is mainly an undergraduate forum. Perhaps contacting that department, someone there should be able to help your with application related stuff: http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/medphys/contact.html

maninino says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-03-2011 at 07:57 PM   #5
Spencer

The thing with radiation therapy is that a master's doesn't do much for you. What is the benefit of a master's besides more knowledge.
Old 08-03-2011 at 08:37 PM   #6
maninino

Actually , Medical physics is usually a master program, and you wont work as an technologist any more Spencer !
If you have noticed its physist job to do planning for every treatment , the salary is much more !
Old 08-03-2011 at 08:39 PM   #7
Spencer

What's the difference between a medical physicists and a dosimetrist?
Old 08-03-2011 at 08:39 PM   #8
maninino

Jeremy , tnx ! yeah I probably should check the admission section ! though I think they might be on vacation !
I just wondered If any one has applied With Radiation therapy B.s or not , as long as it's mainly for physics student !!
Old 08-03-2011 at 08:45 PM   #9
maninino

I think physicist can do dosimetry and QA and stuff....!!!
As long as I know , there are different branches in medical phyisics like MRI , Ultra sound , Radiotherapy and ... maybe one of them is dosimetry!
I have talked to lots of physicist and have seen their job ...Its so amazing and challenging . I'm radiation therapy student and i know what they exactly do , Its just about moving patients and machines.

Spencer says thanks to maninino for this post.