Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limeridge Mall thisisje General Discussion 19 09-01-2010 12:49 PM
EastGate Mall at Night? huzaifa47 General Discussion 9 10-28-2009 03:04 PM

Getting to limeridge mall with HSR?

Old 09-22-2008 at 09:58 AM   #1
Neeksleep

Liked: 0 Times

Getting to limeridge mall with HSR?
hey, I'm new to the whole bus route thingy.
does anyone know how I could get to limeridge mall and back? I need to go there on Friday, but haven't a clue what bus number to take there and back. And the site for the bus routes are confusing :S
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-2008 at 10:14 AM   #2
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

You want the 25 Upper Wentworth. You can catch it at Gore Park.

You could also take the 26 Upper Wellington, as it turns around and becomes a 25, but it would take longer. Or if you just get onto the mountain, you can take the 41 Mohawk or 43 Stone Church.
Old 09-22-2008 at 10:46 AM   #3
jov12

it would just be easier to get someone whos been there to come along or atleast show you the bus stop for the 25 and 26, cuz it is a 2-3 minute walk from where the bus from mac drops you off
Old 09-22-2008 at 10:49 AM   #4
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Youve got to take a bus that goes downtown, and some make you get off at Bay st. (and thats ok) you just walk in the direction the bus was going for a couple blocks till you hit James street, turn right, and the bus stops are right there. 25 and 26 take you there
Old 09-22-2008 at 11:43 AM   #5
bauhaual

Getting there
--> On campus catch the 1A ,10, 5A, 51 or at Main and Emerson catch the 5, 5E
--> Get off at Main & MacNab (the stop after Main & Bay)
--> Walk one block east (the direction you were going) to James St.
-->Walk south (turn left) on James to the bus stop for 25,26
--> Take the 25 (shorter) or the 26 (a little longer) and they will take you directly into the Limeridge parking lot
Coming Home:
-->At the Transit Terminal in the Limeridge mall parking lot, at the stop closer to the shopping center, catch either the 25 Upper Wentworth N or the 26 Upper Wellington N to Downtown
-->Get off at the end of the route (the area where you got on the bus in the first place)
-->Walk north (the direction the bus was going) to King and West (turn left to James
-->At King and James, catch the 1A, 5B, 5C, 10, 51 to come right onto campus or the 52,54 to get dropped off in front of campus.
Old 09-22-2008 at 02:36 PM   #6
opensky

Liked: 2 Times

Sidenotes/Small Corrections

On the way there:
The 10 no longer goes onto the core of campus so you won't be able to catch it on campus.

If you happen to get onto a 51 bus, it will actually turn onto James Street, so you can get off right beside the bus stop for the 25/26. Get off the 51 at the stop right after the bus makes a right turn from Main onto James.

On the way back:
When you get off the 25/26 bus, walk towards Jackson Square, it'll be the corner diagonally north west of where you get off the bus so you'll need get to the opposite corner. The bus stop is beside where the window displays for Urban Planet are.

the 1A, 5C, and 51 will let you off on campus. The 52, 5B, and 10 will let you off along Main Street, which is by the hospital.

(Again, the 10 doesn't go onto campus anymore. And neither does the 5B. There isn't a 54.)

Last edited by opensky : 09-22-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2008 at 05:19 PM   #7
bauhaual

Quote:
Originally Posted by opensky View Post
Sidenotes/Small Corrections

On the way there:
The 10 no longer goes onto the core of campus so you won't be able to catch it on campus.

If you happen to get onto a 51 bus, it will actually turn onto James Street, so you can get off right beside the bus stop for the 25/26. Get off the 51 at the stop right after the bus makes a right turn from Main onto James.

On the way back:
When you get off the 25/26 bus, walk towards Jackson Square, it'll be the corner diagonally north west of where you get off the bus so you'll need get to the opposite corner. The bus stop is beside where the window displays for Urban Planet are.

the 1A, 5C, and 51 will let you off on campus. The 52, 5B, and 10 will let you off along Main Street, which is by the hospital.

(Again, the 10 doesn't go onto campus anymore. And neither does the 5B. There isn't a 54.)
Thanks for correcting those for me. I used the info that was posted on the old MSU site...so I knew some of the info might not be correct, i just didn't know which info!
Old 09-22-2008 at 09:11 PM   #8
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

http://www.busweb.hamilton.c a:8008/

at this website you put in your start and end addresses, the date and the time you want to go, and it'll give you different options of routes to take, and tell you where to transfer, how many times, where the stops are, what times the buses come, etc.
Old 09-22-2008 at 09:25 PM   #9
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
http://www.busweb.hamilton.c a:8008/

at this website you put in your start and end addresses, the date and the time you want to go, and it'll give you different options of routes to take, and tell you where to transfer, how many times, where the stops are, what times the buses come, etc.
Ya, but it's not very user-friendly... especially if you're unfamiliar with the city.
Old 09-22-2008 at 09:32 PM   #10
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Ya, but it's not very user-friendly... especially if you're unfamiliar with the city.
i didn't have too many problems with it, and i'm not familiar with downtown hamilton at all - i pulled up a map of where it said to transfer and such so i could see where i had to go
Old 09-24-2008 at 01:40 PM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post

Aaand occasionally the trip planner gives out wrong bus numbers.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement