MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
would you hit a girl? RyanC Dating & Relationships 79 06-15-2012 09:08 PM
Top Five Qualities In a Guy or Girl lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 150 03-23-2011 07:20 PM
Girl Who Doesn't Age caroline54 General Discussion 38 09-02-2009 11:03 AM

girl roommates (guy)

Old 08-26-2012 at 12:02 AM   #16
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
how naive of you think think flirting just "happens", from my perspective its a deliberate skill that you're applying. Every action brings you one step closer to the goal. It's a game, a very fun game....
There is such a thing as just friendly flirting, you know. Not all of it is meant to lead up to a hookup.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 08-26-2012 at 01:36 AM   #17
AndrewS

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
* everytime I say "you" or "you're", I'm not referring to you specifically, but just people who think this way.

1) It's distracting because you'd always be trying to flirt with them 24/7 and you wouldn't be productive? They're your roommates for God's sake. The assumption in that statement (whether you realize it or not) is that your advances will be reciprocated or even appreciated, which might not be the case. Also seriously, friendly flirting with other people, friends or strangers, is not a tasking job. It's social behaviour. It happens, it stops, you move on with your day. When have you ever heard "I couldn't do my schoolwork because I was flirting with my room mate in the kitchen and it took up half my day".

2) If you're signing up to live with girls just so you can maybe have a shot at sleeping with them, you really need to sort yourself out. Not only is it disgusting, but it can cause a lot of problems. Many women can (and do) see behaviour like this as potentially dangerous. Also, come on, you're a grown man, what's wrong with listening to people having sex? Invest in some ear plugs and always make sure there's enough protection in the house.

3) This is such a gendered stereotype. Even if the experience holds true for you, it's not representative of all females. I've had my fair share of drunk men lamenting.

4) So what if they do? You're basically proving again and again that your only incentive to room with women is to sleep with them. If you're going to do it, at the very least you tolerate the stuff that comes with sharing a house with menstruating girls. Also, periods can be incredibly painful, but you'd never know being a guy. If a girl's in a bad mood because of her period, trust me, she's probably doing you a favour because that's the least she can do.

This question is in no way profound lmao

Conclusion: whoever thinks like this has some serious "nice guy" issues and needs to grow up.
Thanks for saying everything I didn't have the energy to say.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 08-26-2012 at 01:49 AM   #18
AndrewS

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
I'm not even replying to your comment. I'm replying because what the hell our profiles are way too similar. Similar usernames (and the one change is a single key away on the keyboard!)/same name, both listed as third year, both without avatars and signatures. O.o

Anyway, on-topic: it sounds to me like a terrible, terrible idea to try to sleep with your roommates. Even flirting with them has a good chance of making things become awkward. If you think you can be mature enough to not try these things, then you can probably make it work without issues.
My last initial is A as well, so I was going to use Andrew A but it was taken. I decided to use Andrew S since my middle name is Samuel. Just kidding.

I was sleeping with a roommate but she lived in the basement and I lived on the first floor, and the two floors didn't associate with one another. Once our romance simmered, things were maybe a little weird at times. But, yeah, I still wouldn't recommend sleeping with a roommate.
Old 08-27-2012 at 10:57 AM   #19
nonconflict

Liked: 0 Times

Totally like go for it!
Old 08-27-2012 at 12:27 PM   #20
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

3 "random" girls out of a school population of like 20,000. the likelyhood of you getting 3 single girls that you're attracted to? nu uh. One will have a bf, one wont be interested in dating, just med school, and one will be way out of your league.

AND they might all gang up and be a group of 3 girlfriends and you will be the awkward rando they live with.

But if your goal is to move in with 3 random people, be friends and have a good time, that might be more realistic.

Old 08-27-2012 at 04:31 PM   #21
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
my friend asked me a rather profound question the other day. If you're a guy (straight) is it a good idea to room with 3 random girls for the year?

from a guys perspective I can only think of the negatives.

-It'll be distracting b/c you'll always be trying to flirt with them 24/7 and not be productive

-Because you're a roommate they won't be interested in sleeping with you, more likely you'll be in the next room having to listen to them have s*x with random guys they bring home.

-You'll have to listen to all their problems, and play mediator when they all get drunk and are at each others throats.

-Their cycles will all sync up, so be prepared for them to all be in a bad mood at the same time.

what do you guys think? Is it worth it? I say no. Do what you have to do outside of where you live.

interesting thread, lol.

I agree with the notion that if you're an adult or even mildly mature OR have the slightest bit of common sense and etiquette, you won't encounter any problems. In fact, co-ed living could make for the most fun living experience, provided mutual respect and privacy are reciprocated from both ends - not hard at all, imo.

Also, I am sure you could find a lot of other girls outside your house to date. Being flirtatious is not a problem as adults treat it amusingly and as long as it's kept within fair limits. It is rather funny at times when flirtatious behaviour becomes routinized and evaporates with the moment. As in, it's not constantly carried over.

"-You'll have to listen to all their problems, and play mediator when they all get drunk and are at each others throats."

You make it sound like all females are ever looking to do is have intense cat fights and are incapable of monitoring and living their own life without the aid of a male counterpart. You'd be surprised how many all female houses there are, which have next to no arguments and fights and all the housemates have a ton lot of fun together. Also, I don't think girls specifically like to turn to a guy to discuss their problems either.

Lastly, if you're interested in only sleeping with your female housemates (if you are, that is) then please do not go in with this mindset.

Be a friend and live as a friend. Friendship brings forth so much more fun.

Last edited by Phantom : 08-28-2012 at 11:22 PM.

AelyaS, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 09-02-2012 at 11:12 PM   #22
jackiewu

Liked: 1 Time

Well, that depends on are the three girls hot or not...
Old 09-02-2012 at 11:19 PM   #23
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhirmiz View Post
.... uhm.. what?
Oh, you know what he means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
It could be good and bad. Women have "messy" washrooms with abillion hair products and possibly hair all over. Also long shower times?? But it could be nice. They could be neater, more stuff shared in the kitchen... I live with 2 girls and it's no different
I love how this is contradictory: "messy" washrooms VS. "could be neater."
Old 12-19-2012 at 03:16 PM   #24
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-10 View Post
Don't bang the roomates bruh, it gets messy. Just hit the gym and bring grenades back to the crib, then get them a cab after. Smash and dash, quick (for you atleast ) and easy.
+1

Also I agree with OP.
Old 12-19-2012
Reda
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-20-2012 at 01:03 AM   #25
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

How did this guy post a blank post? lol.

===================== ===

-do it OP. take the good and ignore the bad. enjoy your harem and when the cycle comes swinging around, go to your room and watch "videos" of girls that aren't going crazy.

you gotta make the best of a situation here.
Old 12-20-2012 at 01:17 AM   #26
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
How did this guy post a blank post? lol.

===================== ===

-do it OP. take the good and ignore the bad. enjoy your harem and when the cycle comes swinging around, go to your room and watch "videos" of girls that aren't going crazy.

you gotta make the best of a situation here.
No idea. I just tried something and it didn't work. :3
Old 01-01-2013 at 04:21 PM   #27
sarahbeairsto

just because you are living with girls doesnt mean they are going to flirt with you and want to have sex with you. girls and guys can be friends without having any sexual attachment to each other. you make it sound like girls are crazy to live with - if you are gonna live with girls just make sure that they are your friends and not crazy....i hope you arent friends with crazy bitches anyways.
Old 01-07-2013 at 04:40 PM   #28
roadteez
Account Disabled by User

Just be mature and you're fine