MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top Five Qualities In a Guy or Girl lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 150 03-23-2011 07:20 PM
asians sleeping in the library Lois General Discussion 17 01-01-2011 01:45 PM
Girl Who Doesn't Age caroline54 General Discussion 38 09-02-2009 11:03 AM
Boy and Girl Rommate Strongwiller Residence & Housing 15 11-01-2008 02:07 PM
UCLA Police Taser Student 101011 General Discussion 8 12-01-2006 05:23 PM

Girl from UCLA complains about the asians at her school

Old 03-15-2011 at 12:51 AM   #16
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Theres a reason why asian need their home cooked food, ever seen a 50 year old asian that looks like 30s?

Old 03-15-2011 at 03:27 AM   #17
Stock

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
Theres a reason why asian need their home cooked food, ever seen a 50 year old asian that looks like 30s?
no i havent, they look their age "bobby"
Old 03-15-2011 at 04:49 AM   #18
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

shes probably jealous no one wants to talk to her

This is kinda racist, even making fun of them after a natural disaster happened\

sad, white people these days
Old 03-15-2011 at 04:52 AM   #19
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
no i havent
Old 03-15-2011 at 10:13 AM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Moron got pwned by the UCLA chancellor: http://thedailywh.at/2011/03/14/foll...andra-wallace/

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-15-2011 at 11:00 AM   #21
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Today, I shall walk into mills and start talking on the phone how I normally do "OOOOH! CHING CHONG LING LONG WONG CHONG CHING CHING CHONG!"

Afzal, alh24, Mahratta like this.
Old 03-15-2011 at 11:01 AM   #22
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
.............?
Old 03-15-2011 at 11:08 AM   #23
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
shes probably jealous no one wants to talk to her

This is kinda racist, even making fun of them after a natural disaster happened\

>he complains that she is being racist
>he then makes a generalized statement about white people
>lolwhat?

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

Old 03-15-2011 at 11:14 AM   #24
Fengatron

Liked: 6 Times

I'm pretty sure she got thing wrong there. Those issues she said about asians are pretty much the American Standard she mentioned...... except the family visiting/cooking one. I find the majority of North Americans lack basic manners, especially here in Ontario(I've been living in the UK, Vancouver, Toronto and here in Hamilton, and thats what my comparison is based upon)......or should I say people only show their manners on certain situations when its necessary(such as meeting friend's parents, visiting someone's house etc.). Everyday on the street? Who cares? Libraries are just places to hang out when you don't have class, and thats why I much prefer stay home and do my stuff. The one thing that really annoys me is that nobody ever cares to line up for buses here. I'm often hesitant to go to my 5:30 classes because I know there's gonna be a shit ton of people at the bus stop at 6:30, and even if I'm one of the first 5 there, I'm probably not gonna get on the bus.
Old 03-15-2011 at 11:15 AM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatorade View Post
Let me get this straight, you "look down" on people because they receive home cooked food over your powdered cheese and pasta? I don't believe that "jealousy" is a synonym for "looking down"
Who's talking about jealousy?

Yes, I look down on people who at age 20+ still can't ****ing cook or clean for themselves. Grow the **** up.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

alh24 likes this.
Old 03-15-2011 at 01:30 PM   #26
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Oh man. I lol'd so much.

REPLEKIA/. says thanks to Amaryll for this post.

Old 03-15-2011 at 02:03 PM   #27
sundance

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengatron View Post
I'm pretty sure she got thing wrong there. Those issues she said about asians are pretty much the American Standard she mentioned...... except the family visiting/cooking one. I find the majority of North Americans lack basic manners, especially here in Ontario(I've been living in the UK, Vancouver, Toronto and here in Hamilton, and thats what my comparison is based upon)......or should I say people only show their manners on certain situations when its necessary(such as meeting friend's parents, visiting someone's house etc.). Everyday on the street? Who cares? Libraries are just places to hang out when you don't have class, and thats why I much prefer stay home and do my stuff. The one thing that really annoys me is that nobody ever cares to line up for buses here. I'm often hesitant to go to my 5:30 classes because I know there's gonna be a shit ton of people at the bus stop at 6:30, and even if I'm one of the first 5 there, I'm probably not gonna get on the bus.

I'm British by birth and I grew up in England and Scotland. I can honestly say that Canadians are the most polite people I have ever met. While I acknowledge Americans fall under North Americans, those that I have encountered have been rude (NOT to say that all are like this). I do think she was wrong in the way that she expressed herself and she said some really ignorant things, I'm not sure if I think she's racist perhaps just misguided. The part that bothered me the most, aside from her obvious attention grabbing ways *hello boobs being thrusted into the shot constantly* was the way she said "As Americans". What she fails to realize is that American is not synonymous for white, Americans just like Canadians can come from anywhere.
Old 03-15-2011 at 02:08 PM   #28
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

She is doing wonders for other Political Science students.
Old 03-15-2011 at 03:03 PM   #29
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
http://yfrog.com/f/h2aekrdj/

I dread menopause. :(

alh24, BlakeM, pinkpiggydoe like this.
Old 03-15-2011 at 04:17 PM   #30
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Well, IDK if it's an asian thing, but I pretty much look down on anybody who has their parents over every weekend to do the laundry, cook their food for a week, etc (yea, I've seen it) If you gotta eat KD for a whole year like the rest of us who wanted to put off learning how t ocook for as long as possible, then so be it.

I find it funny how this video is about a white/blonde girl complaining about the noise level in libraries. We're probably more used to the azns complaining about the white/blonde girls who won't stfu in a library.

Yay for not typecastinggg!

In all seriousness though, probably because UCLA/California is full of azns, and that's the norm.
You're just jealous because your parents don't give a rats a$$ about you, hun.