MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd forum behaviour jackiemac Computers & Tech 4 07-14-2010 07:49 PM
Another forum Jay B. Site Feedback & Suggestions 2 09-12-2009 05:19 PM
Forum Merge Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 04-19-2008 09:08 PM

Where are the girls in this forum?

Members have rated post #323782 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 07-04-2012 at 11:10 PM   #31
alexithymia
I smell chips.

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
Tribes! I just started playing when it hit Steam. Great game. Man, I need practice. Capping is the one thing I can't seem to nail, and it doesn't help playing on a trackpad. PM me if you want to play together sometime (although I've heard that T:A's friend's implementation is horrible).
Sure! Just gotta get some practice of my own in first
Old 07-04-2012 at 11:10 PM   #32
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNtrikster View Post
I've been reading through some of the threads here about gaming, and I'm just curious as to where are the girls are! So far from what I've seen (and can conclusively tell by many of the real names of posters given), girls are nearly nonexistentent here as the guys dominate. Not that that's a shock lmao, but what can you do? so to any girls who bother to come to this side, what is your opinion of gaming? Have you ever felt that you had to hide your interest in gaming to conform to any groups? What console(s) do you use, and what kind of games do you play? Whatever your thoughts and opinions, go ahead! And this isn't exclusive, guys, I'm curious to know what you think of girls, video games, and girls conforming in regards to video games as well. I'd just like to know what people here think!

I am a female.. and I love gaming. Yes, i would say I try and minimize my interest in gaming, not because I want to conform to any groups, but because I have sooo many other things going on that I dont have enough time to play as often as I would like.
I really dont care what people think and if they thought differently about me because I like to game than.. well they obviously have never found a game they like.
PS3 is my main system.. as well as the great Nintendo 64 (a classic) and super nintendo (another classic)!
Call of duty is my main addiction. And i'd have to say I kick butt at it!

Other than that.. i enjoy being a girl and being better than most of the guys that play. It entertains me .
Old 07-05-2012 at 12:43 AM   #33
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

I love gaming and I am a female. Most of my guy friends ask me to settle the debate of which is better between PS3 and Xbox 360 because I have both and like that I play as often as them. I also have a Gamecube which doesn't get much action anymore since most games are practically virtual to find. But other than that, throughout my lifetime I've owned almost all consoles made from '85 and up.

I play pretty often and I'd probably have nothing else to do with my time if I didn't like games. Besides, most guys find it as a plus to find a girl who wants to sit at home and play games all day instead of going out
Old 07-05-2012 at 12:45 AM   #34
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Chicks dig ELO

Silver says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

Lulie likes this.
Old 07-05-2012 at 03:44 PM   #35
newbo

Liked: 17 Times

<snob> I dislike players who mainly play FPS on consoles, however if a girl would let me build her a PC to bring her from the clutches of shitty console FPS games, then I would be glad to oblige. I just can't stand FPS GAMES ON THE CONSOLELERLAROOROOOOR RRARR.</snob>

Or I might just have a bias because my brain could never handle the complexity that is analog aiming.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:40 PM   #36
iso20

Liked: 0 Times

true. ahahaha.
Old 08-26-2012 at 12:18 PM   #37
crepes27

Ya, I agree with crazyfree
Old 08-27-2012 at 09:03 AM   #38
Marooner

Liked: 59 Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1DuBesGYM

Old 09-04-2012 at 07:47 PM   #39
happmony

Girls probably like something else other than games..
Old 09-04-2012 at 07:59 PM   #40
Marooner

Liked: 59 Times

nothing to see here

Old 09-04-2012 at 09:05 PM   #41
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

What this thread makes me think of:
Derp.
Old 09-05-2012 at 12:45 AM   #42
ymich

Liked: 8 Times

I don't like to game. Sometimes play small games, like those games on facebook, used to be very popular and addicting. To those videos of girls destroying guys game, I think that's violent beahviour, waste of money too. Alternative can be break up with such guy or ignore him for a while until he realizes his problem, or never. I understand guys love gaming, but don't play like all the time. cuz it would be like games playing you.
Old 09-05-2012 at 01:47 PM   #43
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymich View Post
I understand guys love gaming, but don't play like all the time. cuz it would be like games playing you.
1. It's not just guys who like gaming. A lot of people like gaming in general. And for some people it's a hobby, or even a career. Unless it's interfering with their ability to function, who are you to judge?

XNtrikster likes this.
Old 09-07-2012 at 02:15 PM   #44
andrew.1

Liked: 7 Times

Any guy who ignores his gf to play video games has something seriously wrong with him.

Also, its funny how guys act when they hear about girl gamers. Its true that there doesn't seem to be a lot of them and guys are surprised when they see them. Seeing this topic discussion proves that there is quite a few at mac which is cool.

XNtrikster likes this.
Old 09-08-2012 at 05:52 PM   #45
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
In the context of gaming: unique? Use "sex appeal" to control men? Expect people to treat you better or worse? Seriously? The worst of them is everything denouncing distancing yourself from those who do all of the above (not so much the act of distancing oneself) as if we all care or even think about doing any of that crap, or want to boast self-righteousness :/ honestly, I never quite gave any of these kinds of attitudes in this context much real thought before because I've been either plain indifferent or never thought of their plausibility. I never even thought of it when I started this thread lol, and I hope it never came across as such. The other girls who replied to this thread don't seem to much like the above either.