MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd forum behaviour jackiemac Computers & Tech 4 07-14-2010 07:49 PM
Another forum Jay B. Site Feedback & Suggestions 2 09-12-2009 05:19 PM
Forum Merge Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 04-19-2008 09:08 PM

Where are the girls in this forum?

Members have rated post #323782 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 09-13-2012 at 10:38 PM   #46
MACBOOKCLUB

Liked: 1 Time

i play league of legends and i am a girl
Old 09-15-2012 at 01:39 AM   #47
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNtrikster View Post
In the context of gaming: unique? Use "sex appeal" to control men? Expect people to treat you better or worse? Seriously? The worst of them is everything denouncing distancing yourself from those who do all of the above (not so much the act of distancing oneself) as if we all care or even think about doing any of that crap, or want to boast self-righteousness :/ honestly, I never quite gave any of these kinds of attitudes in this context much real thought before because I've been either plain indifferent or never thought of their plausibility. I never even thought of it when I started this thread lol, and I hope it never came across as such. The other girls who replied to this thread don't seem to much like the above either.
I was not denouncing your thread or saying THIS IS CLEARLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Chill out. I was saying exactly what I said: This thread made me think of a cracked.com humor article that I read along ago. The End.
Old 09-15-2012 at 11:49 AM   #48
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

Ahah no, I never meant to say that you were denouncing the thread or anything like that, nor was I offended looking back, I don't think I articulated my thoughts properly. I was more surprised because I haven't thought about it that way, yet in retrospect I realized that I've observed that a lot of it does ring true in some way, shape, or form to some degree after I read through the satiric humor in the article. It was more of the truth in its content that sorta got me there, if that makes sense :$
Old 09-15-2012 at 11:57 AM   #49
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNtrikster View Post
Ahah no, I never meant to say that you were denouncing the thread or anything like that, nor was I offended looking back, I don't think I articulated my thoughts properly. I was more surprised because I haven't thought about it that way, yet in retrospect I realized that I've observed that a lot of it does ring true in some way, shape, or form to some degree after I read through the satiric humor in the article. It was more of the truth in its content that sorta got me there, if that makes sense :$
Makes sense. I did that shit too (meaning, subtly trying to slip in the fact that I'm female), when I first started derping around on the Internet. Oh grade 10. I don't do it anymore, thankfully, having realized how annoying it was.

Anyway, glad you weren't offended.

XNtrikster likes this.
Old 09-15-2012 at 12:27 PM   #50
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

I can say with honesty that I have never done any of the things listed in that article since I have always had relatively non-existent internet presence... However, that was until I started this thread. And obviously by no means was it subtle

The article is pretty amusing. It's interesting in how it contrasts with the opposite attitude of keeping the hobby more or less only to oneself. Wonder which side of the spectrum generally may have more weight to it?
Old 01-08-2013 at 08:59 PM   #51
Bellona52

Liked: 0 Times

Girl gamer here! PC exclusive mostly. Yes, I am an elitist.
Old 03-22-2013 at 05:46 PM   #52
hamsterific

Liked: 9 Times

I play video games but I'm generally not that open with it around guys because some make a big deal out of it. There are people who are like "you mustn't be very good at this type of game" or "oh you like that game because you're a girl" etcetc. Guys don't have to try to prove that they are "real gamers" to the extent that girls do and it's not fair. I play for my own enjoyment and not to impress people so it's not worth telling guys most of the time.