MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
University giving out email address? Juicebox General Discussion 23 03-02-2011 08:48 PM
giving away psych 1xx3 notes for whole course mk90 Academics 20 02-27-2011 08:34 PM
Heroes of Newerth Beta!! 2 new invites kevinf Gaming 15 02-02-2010 01:15 PM
giving blood on campus??? macculkin General Discussion 5 10-20-2009 08:51 AM
Obama giving in to FISA Chad Politics 5 07-20-2008 02:55 PM

Giving away Dota 2 Invites!

Old 12-11-2012 at 09:07 PM   #16
gOOCHTOPHER

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitotst View Post
LoL.
pun intended, and not trying to start anything (y)
Ya, we would rather play the dumbed down, simplistic and casual version of a moba that has worse graphics.
Old 12-11-2012 at 09:25 PM   #17
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
get real....
One can dream, can't they?
Old 12-12-2012 at 10:54 AM   #18
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
get real....
... said the irrational pi to the i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOOCHTOPHER View Post
Ya, we would rather play the dumbed down, simplistic and casual version of a moba that has worse graphics.
Graphics are subjective I think. I find that LoL's graphics are easier on the eyes than say DotA's, but that's just me.
Old 12-12-2012 at 08:23 PM   #19
gOOCHTOPHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
... said the irrational pi to the i.

Graphics are subjective I think. I find that LoL's graphics are easier on the eyes than say DotA's, but that's just me.

You mean easier on the I suck at mobas so lets play a game with no tps, no denies, no jukes and really tanky towers

I also think you should seriously get your eyes checked
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...64 110&page=3
Old 12-12-2012 at 08:42 PM   #20
wesiscool

Liked: 13 Times

No need to start a flame war between dota 2 and lol....

And the no tps, denies are placed for both teams, so it evens out the playing field in LoL, and there are quite a lot of jukes in LoL (flash, using the bushes—stuff that aren't in dota 2).
Old 12-12-2012 at 09:08 PM   #21
gOOCHTOPHER

no need to argue something that cant be argued
lol is dumbed down and is a lower complexity game
Old 12-13-2012 at 10:52 AM   #22
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOOCHTOPHER View Post
You mean easier on the I suck at mobas so lets play a game with no tps, no denies, no jukes and really tanky towers

I also think you should seriously get your eyes checked
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...64 110&page=3
Huh ... ? So here comes the assumption that I'm either a DotA fan boy or a LoL fan boy (you probably thought the latter) - well, surprise, surprise: I'm neither. I've played both and so I can say that confidently.

To be perfectly honest, I think they're both a waste of time unless you're got a group of friends to play with. More often than not, you end up in a team with imbeciles through the matchmaking system, regardless of which game it is.

And they always end up ruining the game.

As well, you're correct - maybe I should have rephrased what I said earlier to be clearer: DotA has a dull and drab colour scheme, LoL has a bright and garish colour scheme. That said, I still found it easier to distinguish things in the latter rather than the former, hence my statement it was easier on my eyes (gosh, an opinion, on the internet? Burn the heretic).

As far as complexity goes, define 'complexity'. All I care for is if a game is actually worth playing - and I'm quite certain everyone has their own measure for 'playability'.

Also:
Quote:

I have no clue, mate.

Perhaps I do require some kind of medical attention - clearly if I've played both DotA and LoL and cannot immediately discern the superiority of one RTS over the other, I must have issues.

ETA: After actually bothering to check the link, I have a question: what was the point of that? All I can see is a flame war.
Old 12-13-2012 at 03:23 PM   #23
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Just in case you don't know this already, but you can sign up for an invite by doing a hardware survey.

http://www.dota2.com/survey/experience/
Old 01-07-2013 at 06:34 PM   #24
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Old thread, but I just got 6 free invites if anyone still wants a copy
Old 01-14-2013 at 02:02 PM   #25
weizz

Liked: 0 Times

dota 2 ? add me on steam: na^o7!

Last edited by weizz : 01-14-2013 at 03:21 PM.